Cedric Diggory x Reader: Rainy Days

03/21/20

I mentally groaned walking into the Great Hall. Staring up at the sky, I watched the rain pouring down. It had been raining every day for the past 2 weeks, and we have been practicing Quidditch for the past week and a half. I was tired of being out in the rain.

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling good at all. I had a feeling that practicing in the rain was going to make me feel much worse.

But I needed to stay healthy. My team needed me. I know some people actually liked playing in the rain, but I absolutely hated it. I did not like the idea of playing while being soaking wet.

But of course our captain, Cedric Diggory, did not care at all. If our matches could take place in the rain, then our practices could as well.

We had a match coming up this weekend against Ravenclaw and I know that he refused to lose against his ex-girlfriend Cho Chang. I honestly considered telling Cedric that I wasn't feeling 100% and maybe I should sit this practice. I didn't want it to seem like I was incapable or that I needed to babied.

I know Cedric took a chance with me to put me by putting me on this team. I was the youngest on the team; the only 5th year playing with all other 7th years. Everyone had been playing their whole time at Hogwarts, but I just started playing Keeper this year when the spot opened up.

After working with Cedric over the summer, we had been spending a lot of time together. I had developed a little crush on him and it grew more and more after he broke up with Cho. But there was no way the feeling were mutual. I know Cedric saw me as his little sister.

"You have got to talk to Cedric." My closest friend on the team, Zoey, came over to me pleading. "Please convince him to cancel practice." She sat down beside me and piled some eggs and bacon on her plate.

"There's no way he could do that." I sighed slowly sipping some tea.

"If anyone can convince him, it's you." Another one of my teammates Lenox came over to us.

"What makes you think that?" I questioned staring at him intently.

"Because Cedric has a thing for you." He shrugged.

"How do you know that?" I was shocked. There was no way that he had any types of feelings for me. Our relationship was strictly platonic.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Zoey scoffed. "There's no denying it."

"Now go over there and woo him. We've been practicing all week and my girlfriend is getting annoyed that I'm too tired to do anything after practice."

"Anything as in..." I raised an eyebrow wanting Lenox to explain himself. He opened his mouth to reply but Zoey held up her hand to stop him.

"I don't think you want him to answer that question. Now go talk to Cedric before it's too late." She gave me a light shove in his direction.

"Hey Cedric." I gave him a slight smile walking down towards the end of the table where he was sitting. "I was wondering if I could talk to you."

"Sure." He gave me a smile that caused my heart to flutter and my knees to go weak. I grabbed the table to keep from toppling over so I sat down. He closed his Quidditch playbook that he carried around everywhere he went.

"Do we really need to have practice tonight?" I questioned. I glanced down the table to see that Lenox and Zoey had managed to round up the whole team to wait on his decision. "We've practiced every night for the past week in the rain."

"Did they send you down here?" He chuckled slightly looking down at the end of the table.

"Yes. And apparently Lenox's girlfriend really really misses him."

"Fine. I'll make a deal. If we can get 1 hour in, we'll be done."

"Okay. Yeah." I nodded. "That works!" I grinned before walking down towards the end of the table to where my teammates were waiting. After celebrating the good news we all went our separate ways to class. Throughout the day, I couldn't help but think about the fact that maybe Cedric did feel the same way about me.

***

The whole practice Cedric and I had been openly flirting. Zoey kept looking over at us smirking. I knew what she was thinking but it was never going to happen; it was just harmless flirting.

We even finished practice 15 minutes early. I mumbled insults towards the rain as it continued to stream down as I trudged towards the locker room to quickly change into something warmer.

As we were walking towards the locker room to change, I watched as the Ravenclaw team came out. I looked at Cedric and watched as he kept his gaze down doing all the he could to avoid her. I didn't think too much about it until he reached for my hand interlocking our fingers.

I was seriously wondering what the team would've thought if they saw us holding hands but they had all ran ahead of us. I stayed behind to help him clean everything up.

I changed into some leggings, a warm sweater, my rainboots, and rain jacket. I was just about to head back to the castle until Cedric came around the corner.

"So um, about earlier, I'm sorry."

"No. It's fine." I mumbled shoving everything into my bad. How stupid could I be? To really believe that Cedric had feelings for me. There was no way. There were hot angry tears streaming down her my cheeks. "Don't worry about it. You just wanted to use me to make Cho jealous. I understand." I continued to shove my wet clothes into my bag not really caring that Cedric could see me. And I refused to look up at his perfect face because that was just going to make it worse.

"What's wrong?" I heard Cedric stride across the room in a couple of steps towards me.

"Nothing." I mumbled staring down at my shoes refusing to look up him.

"Tell me." He sternly said tilting my chin up so I could look in his eyes.

"I'm so stupid Cedric." I admitted tears running down my cheeks even faster. "I want you so bad, but I know the feeling Isn't mutual, and that's fine. I don't expect you to say anything and now I'm ruining our relationship. I bet you already like someone so just dismiss all this. Can you please just forget I said anything of this?" I gently took my face out of his grasp and tried to finish packing but he stopped me by grabbing both of my hands.

"To be completely honesty with you (y/n), I do like someone." His face was slowly starting to turn a light shade of pink.

"I bet she's gorgeous and smart and funny."

"She is." Cedric shrugged. "She's amazing."

"Do I know her? Is she in our house? Your year or my year? I bet she's perfect."

"Calm down." Cedric laughed. I loved the sound of his laugh. I could forever listen to it. "But yeah, she's absolutely perfect."

"I bet she is." I sarcastically mumbled under my breath grabbing my bags and slinging them on my arm.

"(y/n)! Wait!" Cedric grabbed my hand before I could get too far away. "You're the girl. I thought you would've figured it out by now. Especially with all the flirting going on recently."

"I thought it was harmless." I giggled. He grinned and pulled me in close to him by my waist. I dropped my bags wrapping my arms around his neck while standing on my tippy toes. His lips instantly warm mine up and it felt like they fit together perfectly. I felt as if we were made for each other.

When we pulled apart Cedric lightly stroked my cheek, "I bet you're glad I didn't cancel practice."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Hey, I hope everyone is staying safe with everything going on. I hope to be writing a lot more since I don't have to go to classes, but if you have any ideas please let me know. I've been having a little writers block so please don't hesitate to suggest anything. Stay safe! Love you guys.