You Get Jealous (Preference 12.2)

06/17/22

George: Slytherin, halfblood, same year

Once the sound of clanging pots and pans drifted up to my bedroom, I knew it was time to get out of the bed. I was never awaken this way at my house, but I came to love the sounds at the Weasley household.

As I got out of bed and tried to make myself look more presentable, the smell of bacon began wafting up the stairs. There was no food I had ever eaten that came anywhere close to Molly Weasley's cooking.

I finally climbed out of the warm bed and slipped a hoodie on over my tank top. I headed downstairs to see that I was the last one to make my way to the kitchen. Everyone else had gathered in the living room to wait for Molly to finish up cooking.

"Good morning  sleeping beauty. Nice of you to join us." George joked looking over in my direction.

"You slept so long I thought you had died up there." Fred added on. I rolled my eyes and flipped off the twins. The first time I did that, the twins didn't understand the gesture. It came from my Muggle side. Once they learned what it meant, it was something we did to each other all the time.

When breakfast was done cooking, Molly called all of us into the kitchen. I got ready to sit down beside George, but not before Hermione could slip into the seat before I could.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I always sat at this seat beside George. I shrugged it off and took the seat across the table from him which was beside Ron. I didn't mind sitting by Ron at all. It was just weird because she was the one who usually sat by Ron.

Hermione and Ginny instantly began talking about celebrities from the Muggle world.

Hermione had brought pictures to show Ginny. I mostly just listened to their conversation, but I would give some input every now and then.

I think a lot of people forgot that my mom was a Muggle, so I was familiar with a lot of these things.

"So Hermione," Ginny gushed, "What are you looking for in a partner?"

"I've always wanted someone who could make me laugh. He needs to be a kind person as well. You know that I'm not obsessed with looks, it's more about personality for me. It wouldn't hurt if they're nice to look at, you know? I would also like him to be taller than me which shouldn't be too hard since I'm not the tallest person."

"Sounds like you just described me." George interjected bringing all the attention to him. Hermione clearly blushed and looked away from the beaming redhead.

I felt my fist clenching and I had to force myself to finish the rest of my breakfast. If I didn't, Molly was sure to ask what was wrong. I didn't feel like explaining to her that I was jealous of another girl who I would be living with for the next couple of weeks.

Once breakfast was over, the boys and Ginny decided that they wanted to play Quidditch. It was snowing outside so it was pretty cold. I made sure to put on extra socks. I hated when my toes got cold.

Hermione made her way over to a spot on the porch so she could read a book she had just gotten, but still pay attention to the game happening above. I would be the referee for their little match.

They had been playing for a little while and I watched as George flew down and landed beside Hermione. He said something to her, but I was too far away to hear. They exchanged a couple of words and George quickly ran inside. After a couple of moments, he came back out with one of his knitted sweaters that he always got for Christmas.

It was one of the signature knitted sweaters from Molly. Why was he giving it to Hermione? She immediately pulled it on over her head and gave George the biggest smile ever.