Albus Severus Potter x Reader: Best Friends

07/13/17

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Albus asked. The both of us were sitting in the library trying to finish up some essays that we decided to wait last minute to do. I didn't tend to do that, but lately I started noticing the feelings I had for him. It was really hard to concentrate when you were staring at this guy that you were slowly starting to fall in love with.

I didn't tell him becasue I couldn't ruin our friendship. I was very shy and he was one of the only friends that I had. I didn't dare tell him how I felt because I can't lose him. If I ever did, I would be losing my smile, my soulmate, my laugh, my best friend, my everything.

Sometimes I think about what it would've been like if those exact event didn't happen and I really don't like to think about me. I mean who would be my best friend then?

*3 Years Ago*

I made my way through the halls of Hogwarts for the very first time. Last night when everyone had gone to bed, I really wanted to explore but I was scared I wouldn't be able to find my way back to the Slytherin common room and the thought of that terrified me. But this morning after breakfast when I had to go to my first class I really wasn't sure what to expect. My parents were muggles and it didn't take long for any of us to realize that there was something different about me.

I could always do these things whenever my emotions were running super high. It was whenever I got super angry or sad.

This one time I accidently set this girl, Lydia's hair on fire during one of my classes because she kept calling me mute. This was back when I went to public school. Of course I could talk, I just didn't like to talk to certain people like her.

"Watch where you're going." A boy with platinum blonde hair growls shoving past me knocking me on the ground causing all of my books to go flying everywhere all over the hall. I tried to collect all of my things but it was really hard since everyone else was trying to get to their first class on time.

My cheeks burned with humiliation and I was just wishing someone would stop and at least try to help me. But no one did and soon the hall was cleared leaving me on the ground and my brand new books spewed across the hallway.

"Hey, are you alright? Let me help you," came a soft voice. I looked up to see a boy that I road on one of the boats with. We never talked but he gave me a sweet smile and I remember that he got sorted into the same house that I did. He was super cute. The way that his green eyes matched the tie, his messy black hair, and the fact that he was the only one to stop and help me. "You're in Slytherin, right?" I suck in my breath and my mouth goes completely dry.

I'm not really sure what to say. I don't think that I will be able to form words so I just nod. He doesn't think it's weird so he passes over my Potions book to me. I smile and put it into my backpack. I still haven't said anything and I think about how horrible his first impression of me is. "My name is Albus."

"Hi Albus, my name is (y/n)." I grin just thankful that the words that came out were actually understandable. "And thank you very much for helping me."

"Of course no problem. Well it looks like the both of us are going to be late to our first class so we might as well be late together."

***

"That was one of the worst first impressions anyone has ever gotten from me." I giggled thinking back to how I must've looked to him sprawled out across the floor.

"No, I don't think so." He shrugged dipping his quill back into some more ink. "I thought you were cute."

"Did you really?" I looked over at him to see a faint blush across his cheeks. Him thinking I was cute was not the same thing as me being head over heels for him. "I thought you were pretty cute too."

"Do you still think I am?" He raised a dark eyebrow waiting on a response but I didn't give it to him because of Scorpius Malfoy. He was two years older than us in the same year as James, and he felt the need to always torment us. Well more specifically me.

"Well well well isn't the two least likely people to be in Slytherin." He smirked standing in front of our table. "Well I can deal with you Potter because you're at least a halfblood but (l/n)," he grimaced towards me and looked back to Albus, "you could do so much better." The things that Malfoy said really hurt my feeling.

Today wasn't as bad as usual but a person can only take so much. I excused myself and headed out to the grounds. I heard Albus calling my name, but I didn't dare go back. I didn't want him to see my crying. I got to the edge of the forbidden forest and sat down. I wasn't crying anymore, but people like Malfoy just made my time hear so hard. I didn't want to have to constantly look over my shoulder for him or have to deal with his snarky comments.

"I told Malfoy off," it was Albus. He sat down beside me and leaned over to wipe the stray tears off my face. "I hate to see you crying. It makes me want to cry."

I giggled, "And to answer your question, I still do think you're cute. You are very cute."

"I'm glad you think so because I've liked you for a long (y/n). And I know this may ruin our friendship that we have and I'm sorry if does but I couldn't hold it in any longer. But-" He rambled on but I made him stop with a kiss.