He Realizes That He Likes You (Preference 6.2)

02/12/21

George: Slytherin, half, same year

I watched as she graceful swung around hand linked with Malfoy. They looked like a match made in heaven. Her emerald green dress paired perfectly with his emerald bow tie.

Nothing about their relationship was hard. Even though (y/n) was a half blood, they both came from well known Slytherin families. Her mom was a very well-known Auror, and she met her dad on a mission.

I didn't think they were dating, but I wasn't so sure. I had always wanted to ask her about it, but I could never bring myself too. I wasn't one to get nervous around girls, but she made me feel different.

I had told myself that tonight would be the night that I talked to her. I wasn't sure how I exactly felt about her but maybe talking things out with her would help me understand my feelings. I thought that maybe she felt the same way. But then there would be times when she was constantly with Malfoy and I believed that she had feelings for him.

When I couldn't stand looking at them anymore, I decided to grab a drink and go get some air. I just needed a quiet space to sip my drink and take a couple of deep breaths.

After standing outside for a while, I decided to head back inside to grab another drink. I don't know why, but my throat was extremely dry tonight. I grabbed the drink and whipped around slamming into another body.

I instantly began apologizing reaching out towards the shorter figure to keep them from falling back onto the ground. The emerald green color looked very familiar. It felt as if my throat closed up when her eyes met mine.

"George!" She hissed looking down at the huge stain on her dress. I saw tears begin to form at her eyes.

"(y/n) I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do this. Please let me make this up to you. What can I do?"

"You can do nothing Weasley." It was Malfoy who had walked up to (y/n) and wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her in closer to him. I could feel the agitation and my fist clenched which Malfoy could tell because his smirk grew and he pulled (y/n) in even closer to him. "It's not like you can afford to get her another one."

"It's fine." She mumbled lightly pushing herself away from Malfoy, "I'm just going to go to the bathroom and try to clean up." She gripped her dress and pulled it up a little so she could quickly walk towards the bathroom.

Malfoy spat a couple of insults at me before walking off into the crowd. I turned around and tried to follow (y/n). I watched as she slipped into the bathroom and I followed behind her.

"George!" She hissed in a scolding tone, "you're going to get in trouble if you stay in here. You better leave before anyone sees you."

"(y/n) I don't care." I admitted taking a couple of steps towards her. "I just need to know how you feel about me. You're with me and I think maybe you does like me and then I see you with Malfoy and then I get my feelings hurt so tell me who it is."

"George I-" she began but before I could stop myself I leaned towards her and placed a kiss on her lips. I just needed to do this at least once before I found out that she was going to choose Malfoy over me.

I was surprised when she didn't pull back. Instead she lightly grasp my shirt pulling me in closer to her. She pulled back and giggled, "does that answer the question?"

Fred: Gryffindor, half, 2 years below (same as trio)

"Where's Hermione?" I questioned running into the common room. Ron and Harry were playing a game of chess, but Hermione was nowhere to be found. My eyes scanned across the common room looking for her one more time before I noticed (y/n) coming down the stairs.