He Gets Jealous (Prefernce 8.2)

09/01/20

George: Slytherin, half, same year

I didn't like the idea of (y/n) being close friends with Draco Malfoy, but what could I do? Even though they weren't in the same year, they did spend a lot of time together.

I had come to an understanding that their friendship came easy, but I didn't like to think about them being together. But it was hard to express my feelings simply because I wasn't dating (y/n).

(y/n) had detention tonight with Filch so I decided that I wanted to do something special since I knew it had been a long week for her.

I patiently waited outside his office for (y/n), but what I wasn't expecting was for her to come out with Draco Malfoy both of them laughing. Somehow, they had ended up becoming very close friends which surprised the entire school because (y/n) wasn't a pureblood.

"What are you doing here Weasley?" He sneered eyeing me up and down.

"I was just waiting on (y/n)."

"I don't understand why you continue to hang around these blood traitors (y/n). Even though they're pureblood, I don't think you should be associating with them."

"Draco stop." She warned coming to my aid, "I think that you forget I am not even pureblood."

"You sure could pass as one." He grumbled. "Are you coming to the common room?"

"Not right now. I'm going to go with George for a little while. I'll see you later." She gave him a small smile before following after me down the hallways.

"If you lie down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas." Malfoy called out after us which caused her to let out an agitated sigh.

"Please ignore the snarky remarks. I told him that he needs to be nicer."

"I believe that Snape would give points to someone in Gryffindor before Malfoy says anything remotely nice to me."

"Shut up," she giggled giving me a light nudge, "I promise he isn't always that bad. But where are you taking me?"

"Have you ever been to the kitchen before?" I asked and she shook her head. We went inside and I took her around the room introducing her to all the house elves.

They absolutely adored her. I had even asked them to prepare (y/n)'s favorite meal. So while we were sitting and talking they cooked.

"Where'd you get that jacket?" I questioned gesturing down to it.

"Oh!" She looked down at it, "Draco gave it to me. It got cold down there. I completely forgot to give it back to him."

"Are you going to give it back to him?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"I thought maybe you liked wearing it. And I'm sure he likes seeing you in it."

"Well it sure is comfy." She smirked, "I may end up keeping it."

"Now you're just doing that because I said something about it." I chuckled. One of the elves, brought over a large platter of food which consisted of (y/n)'s favorite dish, complete with a couple of sides, and dessert.

We ate and then chatted some more before we both decided that it was time for us both to head to our common rooms.

(y/n) slipped out of Malfoy's jacket and I must've had a confused look on my face because she shrugged and said, "so I can remember to give it back to him." We walked in silence but it was a comforting silence. (y/n) and I didn't always need to be talking, we could just exist in silence and everything was fine.