James Sirius Potter x Reader: Just Friends

03/09/21

"Dad is not going to be happy when he hears about you." I yelled up at my twin brother. I had been searching the whole castle for about an hour looking for him. I had finally found him in the place that I should have looked first; the Quidditch field.

Tryouts were coming up and Scorpius wanted to play Quidditch just like our father. He even wanted to be a Seeker just like dad. If you ask me, I think that Scorpius should try to go off on his own path. He wanted to do everything just like our dad.

Growing up we had always been super close; we told each other everything. But we didn't get to see each other as much as I would like us to because of the fact that we were in two different houses.

He followed behind our parents and ended up in Slytherin, while I ended up in Gryffindor. We only got to see each other during the couple of classes we had together.

"What are you talking about (y/n)?" He glared coming down from the sky. He passed me a Snitch letting me know that since I was here the least I could do was help him. I let the golden ball go and it flew around. Once he had caught it, he would bring it back to me. It was like a human game of fetch.

After a little while of doing this, an owl landed beside me. I instantly recognized the owl and I felt myself get giddy with happiness. I ripped open the letter. I gave the owl an extra snack that I had been carrying around to eat later.

Meet me at our usual spot. Usual time.
-JP

Scorpius was riding a broom that my father had bought him for Christmas two years ago. Since it was a little out dated, our grandfather had promised Scorpius the newest broom if he made the team. At first our grandfather didn't like the idea of me being in Gryffindor, but he got over it eventually.

"I know about Rose Weasley." I blurted out.

Scorpius' head snapped towards me causing him to miss the Snitch. He followed after it, caught it and then landed beside me.

"What about Rose?" He sighed tightly gripping the broom. I could see that his face was calm but on the inside he was freaking out. My father and I were really close and I told him everything. I knew that he didn't want this little secret to slip out.

"I know you two are sneaking around." I grumbled. "Honestly, I'm a little offended that you didn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything." I reached over and pinched his cheek.

"Funny that you would say that." He darkly chuckled swatting my hand away. He started packing up his equipment and then headed back towards the school. I stood there trying to figure out what exactly he meant by that. By the time I had come back to my senses, Scorpius was halfway back to the school.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I nervously asked when I had caught up with him. I don't even know why I needed to ask; I knew exactly what he was trying to say. But we had been so careful, there's no way that he knew. No way that anyone knew.

"You know exactly what I'm trying to say (y/n)." He took the stairs towards the dungeon and I followed. I pulled my robes tighter around me; it was starting to get a little chilly. "I know that you and James Potter have been sneaking around. Meeting each other late at night I saw the owl (y/n). No reason to hide it."

"I-but-we-" I stammered not sure how to make the situation any better.

"What was that you said about not telling each other everything?" He turned around and raised a pale eyebrow waiting for me to come up with an excuse.

"We haven't done anything." I said causing his eyebrow to raise any higher.

"Oh really?" He spun around into the portrait hall, but I followed him inside. This wasn't the first time I had been in the Slytherin common room. I only come in here for my brother. "I don't believe that."