Draco Malfoy x Reader: Fake Girlfriend

01/31/21

"I need you to do something for me." A voice hissed from above me. I very slowly finished my pumpkin juice making sure I that I took my time before sitting the glass down and looked up into the dark, cold, emotionless eyes of Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy," I forced a smile that I knew didn't reach my eyes. "What a pleasure it is that you've come over to talk to me."

"I need you to do something for me (y/n)." He slowly repeated looking me dead in the eyes. I stared back at him letting him know that I was not going to back down from this staring contest.

We had just about the whole schools attention on us, but I didn't care. Honestly, I didn't care what other people thought about me at all.

My Aunt Jane was super close with his mother growing up so naturally that meant we grew up fairly close, not that we got along or anything.

There was the fact that I was in Gryffindor and he was in Slytherin, we didn't always see eye to eye simply because he was arrogant, rude, stuck up, aloof, tactless, and the list goes on and on.

"Please sit down," I gestured to the seat across from me letting him know that he was more than welcome to sit down. His face showed a sign of disgust as he looked down the table looking at the golden trio and then looking in the other direction at Seamus and Dean. Everyone was trying to listen to our conversation which I found hilarious.

"I would rather shove a quill through my eye than sit and dine with Gryffindors." He grumbled shooting a nasty look at Lavender Brown which caused her to quickly turn her attention back to whatever textbook she was reading.

"Guess you don't need my help." I snicked and began to slide down the bench to sit with Ginny Weasley.

"Wait, no," he let out an agitated sigh before sitting down in front of me. I was so surprised that he actually sat down that I was starting to consider whatever he wanted to talk to me about.

"Everything all right down there (y/n)?" Harry called from a couple seats down from me.

"Of course she's fine Potter," Draco scoffed, "what do you think I'm going to do?"

"Yes Harry," I called back jokingly rolling my eyes, "everything is fine down here." I turned back to the blonde, "now what did you want to talk about?"

"I need you to be my fake girlfriend." He said very matter of factly.

"Excuse me?" I gasped staring at him as if another arm had sprouted from his head. "Why do you need me to do that?"

"Because (y/n)," he sighed, "I told my mother that I had a girlfriend so she would stop asking me about it and I figured you would be a good one for me to bring home this Christmas."

"And what do I get out of this?" I raised an eyebrow really intrigued now. He chewed on his bottom lip, a habit that he had since we were kids, and I could tell that he was trying to actually think of something I would enjoy. When he couldn't think of anything, I just said "I'll think of something."

"That means you'll do it?" His eyes grew wide with delight and then it seemed as if he realized how happy he was before regaining his composure.

I light out a sad sigh, I remember how happy he used to be before we came to school. How easy it was to get a smile out of him. Now he was just another cold, proud Malfoy.

Over the next couple of weeks, Malfoy and I spent a lot of time together coming up with back stories and cute little things to tell his parents. It seemed as if Draco had no trouble remembering the facts like how long we had been dating, when we met, where our first date was. It seemed like I could remember none of that and all the days were just blurring together.

We both decided that it would be best if he did most of the talking. Now what Draco did struggle with was physical contact. I had to show him where to put his hands and how to make us touching seem even more realistic. We practiced hand holding, cuddling, and hugging. I thought we needed to practice kissing, but I refused to bring that up to him.

Sure Draco Malfoy was a very attractive man, and I wouldn't mind kissing him but I refused to blow his ego up bigger than it needed to be.

The day before we left before break, it seemed as I had gotten all the facts of our relationship down and he had mastered the art of physical contact minus the kissing.

I'm sure he was a good kisser so there was no need to worry about that. I gathered all my belongings and got ready to leave the Slytherin common room but not before he could call out my name. I turned around standing in the entrance of the room looking up at him. He looked down at me and I could see this faint blush on his cheeks.

"Thank you for doing this (y/n). It really means a lot to me."

"Of course," I smiled up at him noticing that his eyes weren't as harsh as usual. Then he did something that I wasn't expecting at all, he grabbed the back of my head and placed his lips onto mine. I felt myself reach up grabbing his tie and pulling him closer to me. He nibbled on my bottom lip which caused me to let out a little moan and for him to smirk and pull back.

"Just wanted to make sure we were both comfortable with that," he shrugged as if it was no big deal and when I didn't say anything his smirk grew even bigger, "I'll see you on the train (l/n)."

***

Having to fake date Draco Malloy was absolute hell for me. Not in a bad way, but I could feel myself falling for him. It was going to be so hard for me going back to school and acting like none of the little pecks and cuddling never happened.

The last day before heading back to school, I decided that I needed to tell Draco. I wouldn't live with myself if I kept these feelings buried down.

I climbed out of bed and threw a sweatshirt on over my tank top and tip toed down the hallway to his room. I knocked on the door and patiently waited on him to call me in. I stepped in to see him sitting at his desk writing a letter.

"I'm sorry, you seem busy," I stammered wanting to get out of this room more than ever, "I'll just come back."

"No (y/n) it's fine," he sheepishly waved his hand, "I'm just writing to Blaise. It can wait a couple of minutes, was there something you wanted to talk about?"

"I can't do this anymore Draco." I blurted out.

"Can't do what anymore?" He questioned.

"Pretend to be dating you."

"Well tomorrow is the last day so once we go back to school everything can go back to normal until the next break."

"What I'm trying to say is there won't be a next time Draco." I whispered. He had this look of concern on his face and he immediately got up from his desk and walked over to me.

"Did I do something wrong? If so, I am so sorry (y/n)."

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I thought I could handle it but being around you all the time like this has made me realize I like you. Like a lot. And I can't be around you fake dating you just to put on a show for your parents because it hurts too much."

"Okay, that's fine." He mumbled and I almost started crying because this was the end. I had gotten a childhood friend back only to let him slip away simply because I wasn't strong enough.

I wasn't strong enough to push my feelings down just so I could have his company, but here I was about to say goodbye to a friendship that maybe if I had just kept my mouth shut could have grown into something great.

I turned around getting ready to head back to the room so I could cry myself to sleep, but Draco spoke out, "so if we're not going to be fake dating anymore, does that mean we can be dating for real?"

_~_~_~_~_~_
Sorry it took so long! I hope you like it softski