Dean Thomas x Reader: Make a Wish

02/15/21

Dean couldn't help but grin as she walked into the Great Hall. After all that time practicing during the summer, she had finally reached her goal. At the start of the school year, she finally tried out for the Keeper position and made the team.

(y/n) actually cried tears of joy when she found out she made the team. That was the first time Dean had ever seen her cry. All he could do was pull her into a hug while she let the tears out.

Being the Keeper on the Gryffindor meant so much to (y/n). Her dad was in Gryffindor and his position was Keeper when he was at school. (y/n)'s dad ended up dying before her first year at Hogwarts and didn't get a chance to know that she was sorted into the same house he was. Now here she was 5 years later wanting to be exactly like him.

Angelina walked in the front of her team since she was the captain. Her long black hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She flashed one of her signature smiles at the Ravenclaw table which caused them to let out a couple of cheers and continued to her seat.

The rest of the team followed her with (y/n) in the back. Her (h/c) hair was pulled into a ponytail similar to Angelina's. She sat down between Fred and George. The Weasley brothers were not looking their best at the moment. They were actually looking rather sick. Along with Harry. Angelina was trying to get them to eat something, but they just weren't having it.

This afternoon was the Quidditch Final; Gryffindor vs Slytherin. It was something that everyone had been looking forward to for the past couple of weeks.

Tensions was brewing between the two houses. There had been a couple of fights in the hallways that resulted in a few lost teeth, couple of broken knuckles and noses, along with a minor concussion.

The Slytherins hissed at (y/n) when she walked by, but even that couldn't dampen her mood. She just giggled, tossed her ponytail over her shoulder,
and blew them kisses. That instantly caused them to shut up. Everyone knew that Gryffindor had the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff on their side. Some of the other houses may not have liked them, but they preferred Gryffindor over the Slytherins.

(y/n) didn't sit with the team though, she marched right by them and sat down beside Dean. He was rathered shocked. Sure they had been best friends since the day they met back on their first time being on the train, but she should be sitting with her team.

"It's the final (y/n)," he raised an eyebrow at the smiling girl, "you should be sitting with your team; not me."

"Without you, I wouldn't be on this team Dean." She grinned and pulled him into a hug. (y/n) reached out and piled tons of food onto her plate. For about 10 minutes, Dean and (y/n) just ate not speaking about anything. Two best friends just enjoying each other's company. "Well Angelina is calling and I'm going to make sure that everyone else is eating." (y/n) leaned down to give him a quick kiss on the forehead before heading down to where her team was sitting.

A sudden feeling spread through Dean that he only felt whenever he was around (y/n). It made his head hurt, his heart to get stuck in his throat, and his stomach filled with butterflies.

Dean wanted to act out on his actions but he wasn't sure how she would take it. They had known each other for 5 years and always at one of the other's houses during the school breaks. They spent a lot of time together, and if something hadn't happened yet between the two of them, then nothing was ever going to happen.

(y/n) skipped down to the part of the table where her team was sitting. She was almost positive that they thought it was a little strange that she was sitting with Dean instead of them, but they were being so dreary today. She really needed someone to take her mind off what was going to be going down in about an hour.