You Get Jealous (Preference 12)

06/17/22

Harry: Gryffindor, halfblood, same year

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.

I know hate is a strong word, but it was the only emotion I was feeling in this moment. I hated her perfect flaming red her. I hated her perfect freckled complexion. And I hated her perfect personality.

She had Harry wrapped around her perfect little finger. She didn't have to do much either. All she had to do was simply exist and he was head over heels for her.

After I had to play in that Quidditch match for Harry, Oliver Wood wanted me to start coming to practice. This was so I could learn the roles of the other positions just in case something else happened. Honestly, I was not looking forward to playing in front of a crowd anytime soon.

On the way to the field, Ginny spent the entire time flirting with Harry. She was the team's new Chaser. Harry hadn't stopped the flirting at all. It was as if he enjoyed it. I mean who wouldn't?

There were guys who would go to detention for an entire month with Snape if they got a chance just to talk to Ginny Weasley. She was absolutely perfect. I hated that I felt this way because I liked to consider Ginny one of my closest friends.

I tried not to scoff as I watched Ginny talking to Harry. She was batting her eyelashes and giggling. She would touch his arm and he didn't even flinch one bit.

He laughed and even leaned into her touch. Harry was laughing at all the things she was saying. I knew that Harry wasn't faking his laughter. Ginny was a funny person.

During practice, I sat in the stands and took notes on the different positions. The only position that I think I would have liked besides Seeker would be Beater. I think I would imagine the ball as Ginny's head.

While I was watching practice, I was thinking about how I was so happy that I wasn't actually practice. It was a grueling one.

Oliver told us that he wanted to win the championship this year and he wasn't playing. He was making sure that this team was ready for anything and everything.

I did appreciate him for that, but I would much rather be curled up in the common room with a good book. That sounded much better than watching Ginny and Harry flirt. Anything sounded much better than that.

She looked absolutely perfect while she was flying around on her broom. She wasn't sweaty at all. There wasn't a single hair out of place on her head.

"You're scowling. What's wrong?" Hermione asked from beside me. She decided that come down to the quidditch pitch to hang out with me since she was done with all her homework for the day.

"I'm not scowling Hermione." I grumbled tearing my eyes away from Ginny so that I could look at her.

"You're definitely scowling (y/n). You don't have to talk about what's wrong to me, but don't keep all your emotions bottled up inside. It's not good for you." She calmly replied. Hermione had always been good at reading people.

I knew that she knew what was wrong with me. She wasn't going to force me to say anything, but she knew what was going on in my mind.

"I know Hermione. I just get so..." I trailed off not really sure how to explain to her how I felt.

"Jealous." Hermione shrugged as if it wasn't that hard to explain. It wasn't really. I just didn't want to admit it out loud. "I don't think you have anything to worry about (y/n)."

"Nothing to worry about?" I rolled my eyes at her. "Ginny is perfect. She is absolutely perfect and I'm just me."

"Please don't say that about yourself (y/n). You're perfect too. You just don't see yourself the same way that we see you."