He Ask You Out (Preference 11.2)

04/02/21

George: Slytherin, half, same year

The end of the year was drawing to a close and the only distraction that us 5th years had from OWLs were the weekly trips to Hogsmeade. I started going with George when I noticed that he had been a little down that Fred had been spending so much time with Angelina.

Today the four of us had decided to go together. At first I was a little worried that Angelina might treat me differently since I was Slytherin, but it didn't seem like she cared at all. The three of them together were absolutely hilarious.

The grass was starting to peak over the melting snow and it was nice to know that spring was finally coming. Even though the sun was bright and high above us, it was still a little chilly.

"So when are you two going to accompany Angelina and I on a date?" Fred asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh-" my eyes widened, "we're not-" I started to explain.

"(y/n) and I aren't-" George tried adding on as well. The two of us were desperately trying to explain that we were not dating but we were getting tripped up in our words. "We're not dating." George finally managed to get out.

"Are you sure?" Angelina smirked, "cause that's not what I heard."

"What have you heard?" I was terrified that the fact that I liked George might have slipped out. One of the only people that actually knew was Pansy but I didn't think she'd say anything.

"It seems like we've said too much dear." Fred sighed turning to Angelina. "I think we should go now." He sent George a quick wink before taking her hand and dragging her through the crowd.

George suggested that we go to Honeydukes and I happily agreed. All the sweets from here were the only thing that kept me focused when I was studying.

We walked through Hogsmead together visiting all the shops that we could. We were trying to spend as much time as we possibly could here before we had to return to the castle to get back to our studies. As the sun was starting to set, we had one stop left: Zonko's Joke Shop. I quickly huddled inside trying to warm up.

Now that the sun was gone, it was pretty cold outside. I should have brought an extra jacket. Walking inside I could tell just how excited George was to be in here.

"This is probably my favorite place in the whole entire world." He grinned.

"I think you should open a joke shop." I suggested. "You and Fred would be pretty good at it." George stood there staring at me as if he was actually contemplating the idea.

I always got nervous when he stared at me so I turned around and quickly busied myself with whatever was behind me. George then grabbed my hand and ran around the store showing me absolutely everything and how he could make it better.

We were in there for hours and I finally managed to drag George out when I told him I was getting tired.

When we stepped out, the sun had completely set and been replaced with the moon. I shivered a little and George instantly took off his coat and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I whispered slipping into it. I took a deep breath in. It smelled exactly like him. We started heading back to the castle not really talking. Just enjoying each other's company.

"You know I wasn't joking when I said that you and Fred should open your own joke shop. I think it could be better than Zonko's."

"You really think so?"

"I do. And I would help in whatever way I could."

"So uh-" George had stopped walking. "This is only if you want to but I know that you and Angelina have gotten pretty close so I was wondering if you would like to go on a double date with them. It doesn't have to be next week; just whenever you're ready."