Chapter Six - Ethan's POV

With the wisp of a smile on my face, I focused down on the phone screen in my lap and drowned out all surrounding noise around me. 

It was lunchtime, and I was in my usual position - slumped down at a table with Lucas and a few of my team-mates. But despite the welcoming sound of laughter from my friends, I wasn't paying attention. All my attention was on the picture spanning across Mia's phone. 

While I waited for her to show up to the lunch-hall, I had found myself wandered my way through her camera pictures to keep myself preoccupied. Again, I know, morally questionable, but I couldn't resist - the temptation was too great. 

And to be fair, it was an eye for an eye; she had invaded my privacy first

Not that I minded, of course...

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't pull the smile from my face as I stared down at the image below me. 

Mia was sitting on the edge of the boardwalk with a cone of chocolate ice-cream in her hand as she smiled back at the camera. I lingered on the picture for far too long, my eyes drifting everywhere from the small escape of wavy hair that had fallen from her bun to her full rosy pink lips. 

 She was beautiful - always had been, always would be.

Reluctantly, I flickered my finger over the screen and moved onto the next one along. The second my eyes landed on the next picture; I froze - my eyes widening to practically ten times their width.

Holy shit...

I wasn't even sure where to look first, my eyes seeming to frantically dart off in all directions while taking several mind screenshots.

 It was clearly a continuation of Mia's day at the beach, and well, certain things had come off...

Things being her clothes. 

She was kneeling on the sand with her knees slightly splayed and only her one-piece swimsuit on her hot body. She was laughing as she pointed at a pouting May, who she had buried up to her neck in the sand, but I could barely give two shits about that. 

I gave a fuck about one thing, and one thing alone in that picture – and that was Mia and her sexy-arse, boner-inducing body.

My hand gripped the phone slightly tighter as my eyes traced over any visible inch of her warm tan skin. I stared for for far too long at the cut-out strips that spanned across her thin naked waist. My eyes then went lower, and landed on the thick part of her thighs, swallowing thickly as I did so.

God, did I wish I could send this picture to myself, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to progress to that level of creepy.

Suddenly, a hand was waved in my face. 

"Yo, earth to Ethan," a voice hollered. 

I heard a chorus of laughter break out from the guys around me, but I was way too distracted to look up yet 

"Yeah, yeah, just a sec," I mumbled dismissively as I made a little border with my hand to cut my screen off from view.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Another voice snickered.

Then too fast for me to process, a hand suddenly appeared out of nowhere and snatched the phone out of my hand.

 My head flew up. "No, no, shit. Don't look at that," I hissed as I hastily swerved around to see which asshole had taken it from me.

My eyes narrowed in on our smiley ginger goalkeeper - Roman, who was staring down at Mia's phone with a single eyebrow raised. He was a fun, extroverted type guy, and I liked him for the most part, but he was also the type of moron who liked to insert himself in everyone's business.