Chapter 64

"Ethan, let me get this straight, you kidnapped me, so you could take me to a fucking McDonalds drive-through," Mia scoffed as she looked over at me from the passenger seat. "I mean, I like McDonald's as much as the next person, but I'd hardly call it a romantic date," she continued.

Despite her supposed annoyance, I watched amused as Mia's stomach growled and she eyed the menu on the poster with far too keen an interest as we waited in the queue for the drive-through.

I rolled my eyes at her with a smile. "How did I kidnap you? I asked you to come and you got into the car willingly," I laughed.

"I beg to differ," Mia argued, her eyes meeting mine firing with playfulness. "You used the promise of food to coerce me into the car which is a form of manipulation."

I let out a breath of laughter, knowing if I was aiming to manipulate her into getting into my car, I'd use a much more satisfying technique than that. One that would probably involve me taking my top off, knowing myself.

Ignoring her point, I continued. "And secondly, this is only the first stop, we're going somewhere else after," I clarified, feeling vaguely insulted she thought I'd just take her to McDonalds and nowhere else. It was one of her favorite fast-food places, yes, but I wasn't an idiot.

"Which is....," she sang as she looked up at me expectantly. She blinked up at me for effect, using a little manipulative tactic of her own known as 'make Ethan all sexually frustrated so he said yes.' She liked to use that technique a lot.

"Not telling you...," I sang back, imitating her.

As we approached the drive-through window, I rolled down the window to the car. I cleared my throat, locking eyes with a young teenage blonde in the window. "Can I have two chicken nugget meals, two Smartie McFlurries, and a Coke and water," I called out.

Mia turned to me with a furrowed brow. "Wait, how do you know what I order?"

I let out a low chuckle. "Because I pay attention to everything when it concerns you," I said with a wink.

Mia narrowed her eyes, into two curious slits as she surveyed over me slowly. "That seems hard to believe," she said slowly. "What's my favourite TV program then?"

"Vampire Diaries," I said immediately, convinced that had to be one of the easiest questions she could have asked in the world. Her damn background picture had been Damon Salvatore for years. The Brightside was that her background was now the picture I'd taken of me cocked up half-naked on my bed. She'd kept it from months ago when I'd left it on her phone and the little liar, still wouldn't admit she thought it was hot.

"Well, that one was obvious, so whatever," Mia said dismissively, clearly not ready to give in. "What's my biggest pet peeve?" she fired out.

"Easy, people stealing your food," I responded easily.

She shook her head at me." Typical, you know I hate that the most, yet you do that all the time," she snapped accusingly.

"I can't help it, it's fun to wind you up," I laughed.

"I can't help it, it's fun to wind you up," she said childishly imitating me in a ridiculously low-pitched voice. She made me sound like some combination of a deranged bear meets a frat boy.

"We need to work on your impressions, Chubs, you didn't capture the sexiness of my voice in the slightest," I teased.

Noticing the McDonald's worker was finished preparing our food, I dug out my wallet and handed it over to the worker who exchanged it for our brown bag of food.

"Whatever, just drive," Mia said with the roll of her eyes.

I turned to her with a smile. "Firstly, you must put this over your eyes." Rummaging through my car pocket, I pulled out a scarf and dangled it expectantly in front of her.