Epilogue

12 years later

"Come on, come on, come on," I mumbled under my breath as I drummed my fingers impatiently against the steering wheel.

Once again, the stupid traffic lights were taking forever to change over, and with it being a little after two we were already late. I was the worst fucking dad ever.

Lucas and I had just come from a morning shift at the hospital, and were now rushing on our way to make it back in time.

Lucas rolled his eyes from the passenger seat and let out a breath of laughter. "Relax, man, we're literally not even that late. You need to prescribe yourself some chill pills and strong ones," he said, in a little chuckle.

I gave him a flat look, only mildly amused. As a paediatrician, I'd heard just about every little doctor joke from his that there was.

Lucas hadn't changed a bit in all my years of knowing him. He might be a fancy thirty-year-old research scientist and a dad, but he was still Lucas. Honestly, I think he just took up his job as a research scientist so he could have an excuse to mess with chemicals and blow-up shit for free.

Soon enough we pulled up by the school park, and I neatly parked my car alongside the other parent's cars along the grass.

I took one last swig from my coffee cup on the side before hurrying out of the door. In the distance, I could see small figures of little four-year-old kids chasing after a ball in a little mob. I bit my lip in amusement and tried to find my beautiful baby in the crowd.

"Hey look, I see May and Mia," Lucas said with a smile as he led the way over to the side where all our parents were watching from.

I immediately spotted Mia from behind and I smiled foolishly, quickening my pace. Of course, she looked insanely fucking good as per usual with her beautiful dark hair tied up in a braided bun, exposing the tan skin of her neck. My eyes prowled down her body, noticing she was wearing her sexy curve-hugging jeans again – the ones that made it impossible to not want to touch her.

I thanked the fucking lord and back that she was my wife.

Mia let out a sigh and rattled on in complaint to May at how we weren't here, clearly not realizing we were approaching.

"Relax, drama pants, we're here. I was hardly going to miss my son's game," Lucas announced obnoxiously from behind her.

Mia didn't get a chance to turn around before I swooped both my arms around her waist and settled my head into the crook of her neck, unable to help myself. She relaxed instantly, making me smile.

"Hey Chubs, why are we all grumpy?" I whispered teasingly before planting a kiss against the side of her neck.

She sighed, settling herself into me more, smiling slightly as she angled her head a little to look at me.

"I can't help it, I'm hot, hungry, and h-"

"Horny?" I whispered ever so quietly into her ear. Mia paused, a harsh redness creeping over her cheeks as she elbowed me swiftly in the stomach.

"Ouch," I cried in between chuckles of laughter. She could deny it all she wanted but she knew it was true.

I was supposed to be 'trying' not to tease her about it, but as of the last few weeks, Mia's sex drive had hit the roof, and I was barely getting out the door for work in time. I wasn't sure what had got into her, but it more than hell pleased the fuck out of me.

Mia ripped herself out of my arms and turned to face me with a scowl. "You're an idiot, you know that right?" she snapped.

My laughter eased down, and I looked down at her fondly. "An idiot, that you married," I corrected with a small smile as I reached out to tuck a strand of hair in for her that had fallen.