Chapter Thirty-Five

Hungry, I shovelled another over-enthusiastic spoonful of my cereal into my mouth. I was trying to eat it a little less savagely than I normally did because Mia was sitting next to me. Though I knew full well there was never going to be anything between us, I still couldn't eliminate the natural and let's face it pathetic instinct I always had to try and impress her.

It was about half an hour later since Mia had woken up, and we were now sitting around Lucas's breakfast table. After much persuasion, I'd managed to convince her to come downstairs so she could get something to eat. Well, trying to get something to eat, might be the better way to put it.

I took another nervous glance over to Mia who still had her head in her hands, and was groaning lowly as she tried to rub at her temples.

She was going through her first official hangover. I wasn't exactly an expert, but I was pretty sure drinking alcohol on top of drugs that were mixed with a hint of Viagra, was going to do a lot of shit to anybody's head.

My lips dipped down slightly as I watched her, feeling guilty for not better warning her about the cookies. Swallowing my bite, I lightly cleared my throat. "Are you sure, you're okay Chubs? Do you want to go back upstairs and lie down?"

Mia looked up and gave me a weak smile. "No, it's fine. I'll stay down here," she said.

Hearing footsteps start to descend the stairs, I turned to the door in curiosity. Soon enough, the door to the kitchen flew open and May walked in with a yawn.

Her red hair was all messy from sleep and she was wearing an oversized shirt. I didn't think anything of it for a second before I looked at the top again and realized it was a guy's top. Lucas's top specifically. He wore that top practically religiously and May certainly wasn't wearing that last night.

Shaking my head, I looked away with a light smirk. It was clear that while I was being mentally tortured last night, Lucas had been having the time of his life. The lucky bastard.

Instantly my mind started swirling with ideas of all the different ways I was going to bully him about this when I next saw him.

May's eyes soon landed on the two of us staring at her, and she froze in place like a deer caught in headlights.

A bright smile now lit up Mia's face as she scanned her fairly embarrassed-looking friend up and down.

"Morning, May," she sang cheerfully as she surveyed May's clothes up and down with a far too pleased-looking grin. "My, my, my, I see you've been busy," she commented slyly. Then reaching across the table, Mia picked up her mug and took a long sip.

A smile slipped to my face, knowing full well the mug she'd picked up didn't have a drop of liquid in it, and she was just trying to pass on her judgment.

May's eyes instantly narrowed on Mia's and she put a hand on a hip. "Oh, so we're playing the embarrass each other game. Because if so, I've got quite a few things I'd like to say to our old pal, Ethan," May snapped, her eyes sparkling with threat.

My mind instantly latched onto her sentence in confusion, and I turned to Mia with a furrowed brow.

Her face had gone ghostly white for some reason, and her eyes darted around as she looked everywhere but at me.

"Okay, point made. I'll shut up," Mia said quickly. A little too quickly.

I stared at her silently for quite some time, wondering what she was so worried about May telling me. What kind of stuff did she say about me when I wasn't there?

Mia quickly cleared her throat before turning back to May with a smile. "So...what did you guys do?" she sang childishly as she waggled her brows.

May's face flushed red, and she rolled her eyes. "I didn't have sex with him if that's what you were thinking. We just talked..."