Chapter Forty-nine

Mia Collins was my girlfriend.

That was the sentence that my brain had consistently been repeating at random intervals for the last two hours. And every time, I thought about it a natural smile lifted to my lips against my will.

Okay fine, the smile was far from natural it probably looked psychotic, but I just couldn't help it. I might as well have won the damn lottery from how ridiculously unreal this whole situation was.

In less than twenty-four hours, I'd gone from torturing myself to keep away from her (and failing), to nearly losing her, to now walking with my hand placed snugly around her waist as my girlfriend.

The whole thing was just bizarre and in all honesty, my brain was still struggling to understand the impossible puzzle of how the fuck I'd managed to get her to love me. Witchcraft, perhaps? All, I know was I wasn't going to question it too hard – miracles are miracles.

Especially, when those miracles, are as hot, and irresistibly beautiful inside and out as Mia Collins.

Curving my fingers, a little tighter around her waist at that though I tugged her closer to me as we made our way down the trail to our cabin.

That was the other thing. For the last two hours of our hike, since confessing in the woods, I couldn't seem to keep my hands to myself. My hands found every excuse in the world to graze her hip when I was laughing with her, to put a hand on the back of her neck when we were waiting around. To touch her hands for literally no reason. To sneak a kiss on her shoulder when nobody was looking. I'd practically become addicted to touching her.

I'd become so addicted in fact that the moment our group had stopped to eat, I might have slyly snuck her away with me, and made out with her heavily against a nearby tree. The girl simply had to look at me, and it was enough to set me off.

God knows I was used to wanting her, and badly at that, but I was far from used to immediately acting on those feelings, and man did it feel good.

Upon reaching the cabin, I opened the door and reluctantly slid my hand free from around her waist. "After you," I said, nodding for Mia to enter before me with a smile.

She smiled, her eyes sweeping over me with a gleam in them. It was a flirtatious look if you ask me. She made a step to enter the room before suddenly pausing. She stared at me for several seconds in an interrogative-like manner before slowly narrowing her eyes.

"You just want to look at my ass, don't you?" she said flatly, her lips curving up slightly.

I paused, realizing she'd successfully been able to detect my shameless plan. I was trying to be polite as well, but sue me, I also wanted an excuse to have a good look at her from behind.

I cleared my throat. "That obvious?" I said, my lips edging upward.

"What do you think?" she said pointedly, her eyes still sparkling and doing that thing that made me want to kiss her. Then on that final word, she marched ahead of me and through the open door.

I wish I could say I was a gentleman, and didn't check her out slowly from head to toe from behind as she entered, but unfortunately, I was no gentleman.

As I closed the door, I scanned around the cabin and realized that by some beautiful stroke of a miracle, nobody else was back yet. Don't get me wrong, normally I'd be happy to socialize but not today. Today, I selfishly wanted Mia all to myself.

I watched as Mia strode ahead of me, and threw her backpack on the floor before collapsing dramatically down onto the sofa.

"I'm so hungry, they barely feed us at this stupid place," she sighed.