Ch. 11 • Welp... not just one

May

'Calm down May' I tell myself, 'it's only a piece of bacon!'

I am making breakfast for the boys and I before we all leave, Theo for school, Vincent + Silas + Mateo for the airport, and Ace + Roman + I for the doctors office.

I had originally wanted to sleep in since I took a day off of work and I had people around to take care of my boys, but no.

Not only did Roman cry for me when I didn't come to get him within .5 seconds, but Theo came into my room running because he didn't know what to wear to school today. And to top it all off, both Vincent and Mateo came into my room telling me that Silas had gotten his hand stuck into a jar. Just great.

So I had to get Roman, help Theo, and save Silas, all while Ace was simply stretching and BARELY getting out of the bed!

And that bring us here, to the point where I am close to throwing up again at the smell of bacon.

"Mama!" Theo yelled from up stairs

"Yes hun!?" I said back, I'm holding Roman on my hip and making sure none of the grown men steal any of the food I am making before it is ready.

"I can't find my permission slip"

"It's down here baby"

I quickly grab the light green paper out from under my other papers, I hear Theo run down the stairs holding his backpack and looking ready for school.

"Thank you mama"

"No problem, now eat hunny"

——————-Time skip to doctors———————

The boys left for home, it was quite emotional might I add, and we dropped Theo off at school and strait from there Ace, Roman, and I left to our appointment.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, I already knew that I was pregnant, I had come to terms with it, but I just didn't know how Ace would react to it.

"Good morning Mr. Rossi and Miss De Léon, what bring you in today?" Dr. Dwells asked us

"Well May here has not been feeling good and I just wanted to get her check out"

"Alright alright, what have you been feeling May?"

"Ummm" here goes nothing " I have been throwing up the past 4 days, the first 2 were just in the morning, but the last 2 have been all day sickness. I feel like gagging at the sight and smell at certain things, today it was the bacon I made for breakfast."

"Is that all" The doctor asked as he typed it on the computer

"Yes"

"Alright, well it seems to me that you are either pregnant or you have the flu, I will get an ultrasound out to check, and if not that then I will send you home with some meds for a flu. How does that sound?"

"Good. That sounds good" Ace said immediately

I was nervous as the doctor walked out and a nurse in pick scrubs walked in, she quickly set me up and plugged in the ultrasound

"I'm going to put some jell on your stomach, it's cold, but don't move alright"

"Ok" I said, it was barley audible

The lady, who's name I found out was Macy, swiftly put the jell on my tummy and then wiped her hands off with a towel. She turned on the machine and grabbed the stick that will help see into my stomach.

Ace somehow maneuvered his had into mine and looked at the screen with me, Roman sat on his knee bumping up and down.

"Let's take a look here, shall we" Macy placed the stick on my stomach and began to move it around slowly, and then I heard it a heartbeat. She quickly followed the sound and I felt Aces hand tighten into mine. "Well it seem that we have a little bean here!" She said smiling, I looked over at Ace and see that his eyes are glued to the screen, he senses that I am looking at him and he turns my way.

"That's our baby May" he says quietly, I can see a small screen of clear water forming around his eyes, he looks truly happy. And I am too.

"It is" I say back, I was about to kiss him when the nurse makes a confused face

"What is it" I ask, she stays quiet for a minute and I start to get worried, I turn to Ace and he gives me a reassuring look before asking he the same question.

"Give me a second" she tells us, I see her turn up the a nob, it must have been the volume because once she did it everything on the screen got louder. "I think I am hearing an echo" she says.

"Echo" Roman repeats Which a smile

"Yes, an echo, or maybe another heart beat, let me take a closer look" she moves the stick around a bit more before smiling and turning towards us again. "I am happy to say it's not an echo"

"Well then what is it?" I ask frantically

"May, considering your a doctor, you are pretty oblivious right now" Ace says smiling at me.

"Huh?"

"Miss De Léon and Mr. Rossi, you are having twins!"

————————————————————————
Welp..... double trouble 👶🏻👶🏻