Ch. 13 • Family reunion

May
I'm currently in the bathroom applying some finishing touches to my outfit, tonight Kora, Carter, Nigel, and Katherine are coming over for dinner. Sadly the kids couldn't come, but I think it's for the best, I don't know how the adults will deal with Ace coming back.

"Mama, when are we leaving" Theo said in an annoyed way, he and Roman were spending the night at Lea's. Theo lived going because they would always end up cooking or baking when we stayed.

"Lea is picking you boys up anytime now, just be ready" And as if on cue the doorbell rang signaling that she was here. "Ace" I yell

"Yes mi amor"

"Can you open the door for Lea and give her the boys overnight bags so they can go, my parents and brother will be here in a bit"

"Yah" I heard Theo run down the stairs to meet Lea and Roman grab onto Ace for dear life, the poor baby has been glued to him for the past week and does not want the leave him.

After 5 minutes I hear a car pull out of the drive way and leave

"Bamba [baby girl], are you ready?" Ace said in a sarcastic way, I had been on decisive the pump cover for the past hour

"Yes yes, I'm ready now, and the food should be ready in 15, so that leaves us with a good about of time to have a drink and talk before we eat."

"Seems like you have this all planned out hun"

"Yes, yes I do"

Around 5 minutes later I hear the doorbell ring

"I love you" Ace says to me while bringing me into a hug

"I love you too" I say pecking his lips

I walk over to the door and swing it open, standing there are Kora and Carter

"Hello sweetheart" Kora says to me while bringing me into a tight hug

"Hi mama" I say back, "hey papa" I say to Carter while pulling out of my moms hug and moving onto him

"What a nice day to have dinner together" he says "is there and occasion?"

"Well, possibly, but I also missed you guys"

"Well no matter what, we are happy to be here. What's the occasion?" My mom asks

"I met someone" I say bluntly, they are going to fins out anyway so why not just say it as it is

"Who!" She says, Carter is by her side looking with the same excitement

"Well umm, do you remember Ace?"

Immediately after hearing his name both my parents faces dropped.

"Ace?" Cater says "the one who broke you apart, that Ace"

"Yes papa" I say, all of my confidence I had going into this dinner was long gone, right as I said that Ace walked into the entry room and stood right next to me, snaking his had around my waist to pull me closer.

"Nice to see you again Mr. and Mrs.Cosley" he says while sticking his hand out for a shake

"What do you think you are doing here boy!" My father says in a loud voice, completely ignoring the handshake, "you think you could just walk in here and play happy family with my daughter after you treater her like trash? Huh? Is that what you think?"

"Papa" I say trying to stop his rant

"No May" Ace says " it's alright, I deserve it. Mr. Cosley, I am trying to be a better man, I realized how much I need your daughter in my life and I intend on making everything right with her, and in order to finish that goal I have to make things right with you and your wife, along with Nigel."