Ch. 35 • Enzo

1 year later
May

"F*ck" Ace says as he falls right next to me, I pull the covers up to my chest and let out an exhaust sigh, "well" he says "that was nice"

I turn my head and slap his chest, "it's 7am" I say to him

"And I woke you up in the best yay" he says while smirking "with oral" and gives me a wink

"Oh shut up" I say while laughing

"Fine fine" he then gets closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist, placing a kiss onto my cheek, "I have to get up, do you want me to get anything for the lunch today?"

Theo and Romans school is having a field day for their school, families were invited, and almost everyone is going. So I convinced Ace to take the second half the day off work for it.

"No, I already have everything, I'm bring the entrées and Maggie is bringing dessert"

"I still can't believe Maggi forgave Silas"

"Your one to talk, you knew about it and didn't say anything, what if that was our daughter getting played with, Huh?"

"I would have skinned the boy alive"

"Exactly, so I still don't understand why you went along with suck a plan"

"Well I didn't kn-"

"Uh uh, no excuses, but back to what I was saying, we already have everything we need, please, please Ace, just get there in time. And make sure Silas does too, Zoe doesn't see him a lot, but this is the first time Maggi and him are doing something like a family with her, it's important"

"Okay, I will, I promise, now, if you would be so kind as to assist me in the shower?" He says while getting out of bed

"I would be delighted to" I say while giggling

—-time skip—-

"Mama!" Theo yells once he sees me, the teachers are bringing their classes out one by one so that things aren't too hectic.

Roman and Zoe's class already came out, so we were just waiting for Theo AND Ace.

Silas was already here, but said Ace was still in a meeting, it supposedly was running long.

"Hey baby" I say once he reaches us "where is papa?"

"He'll be here soon bud, don't worry" Silas says

About 10 minutes pass and all the families have started to eat and thankfully Ace arrived, the meeting was going on for too long, so he just cut it short, two members couldn't agree on something, so he told them to figure it out on their own time and tell him by tomorrow.

"This cake is delicious Maggi, what did you add?" I say

"An extra half-stick of butter, I don't know why, but I felt like putting it in for some reason, and it ended up adding to the fluffiness"

"Ooo" I say and go back to eating

"Nicolas, Oliver, why can't you two stay clean for 5 minutes" Ace asks sternly to the two 3 year olds who were laughing their cake faced butts off

"Your brothers are silly" Zoe says "mama?"

"Yah hun" Maggi answers

"Why don't I have any siblings?"

Ooooooo I think, I want to laugh, but I know I can't. So I just hold a thin smile

"Well.. well.." Maggi stutters

Ace and Silas start to laugh

"Maggi, if you need help knowing how to get siblings, ask mama and papa, they gave me a bunch" Theo butts in- not knowing what he just said

"Thanks for the suggestion Theo, but, Zoe, I just... don't wanna give you another sibling right now, okay?"

"Okay" Zoe says in a defeated tone

All the adults- besides Maggi, who is embarrassed- break into a fit of laughter

Once we all regain ourselves, I start to look around, it's a great day for a field day to be honest, the sun is shining, it's a good temperature, and everyone seems happy. I even got Ace and Silas to wear normal clothes, ones they don't use for work.

All in all, everything is peaceful. I love it.

I look over to my left and there is a small section of teachers, and a 1 boy, he seemed to be around the age of 14. He was just sitting with them, silently eating, not looking interested in what's going on.

"Theo" I say

"Yah mama"

"Who's that boy, sitting with those teachers?"

"Huh?" He look over to were I was looking "oh, that's Enzo, he's one of the big kids"

"And why isn't he with his parents?" I ask

"He doesn't have parents, I heard one of the teachers say how he is only here because our school 'believes in helping others' and he is apparently a 'lost cause' but I don't know what that means"

"Huh, and does he do well in this school?"

"I don't know mama, but he does fight a lot"

"What do you mean?" Ace says

"He gets taken to the office a lot because he fights with the other kids."

"Have you ever talked to him?" Silas says, now all of us adults are in the conversation

"Yah, but it was only because I couldn't find were the restroom was on the big kids side of the school and he wasn't in class"

"Okay, why don't you invite him over to eat with us?"

"Hun?!" Theo says

"Ask him to sit with us, he seems bored over there" Maggi says

"Umm.. okay" Theo slowly gets up and walks over to where the teachers are sitting a starts to talk to Enzo, he looks... nervous?

After a while, I see Enzo get up ,grab his bag, and begin to follow Theo.

"Mama, this is Enzo, Enzo, this is my mama, papa, uncle Silas and Maggi"

"Hello" the boy says

"These are my brothers, Roman, Oliver, Nicolas, and Manolo, and this is Maggi's daughter, Zoe"

"Hey" he says to the kids

"Hello" they all say- or try to all say, Manolo just looked at him and then looks away.

"Would you like some food Enzo? I made Greek salad and Maggi made cake for dessert?"

"Yes please ma'am, all I ate with the teachers was some plain salad."

"Don't call me ma'am, I'm not that old, call me May or mama, I only go by those two names"

"Alright, thank you ma'am, I mean May" and with that the boy sits down and begins to go into conversation with us all.

——————————————————-
How do we feel about Enzo?