Ch. 14 • Italy

Kora ( Mays mom)

Rossi
Ace Rossi
My child is dating a mafia boss
Carter and I never truly knew what Ace did when the two were first dating, May had always just said he worked in marketing.

I looked over at my husband and he looked back at me which the same worry in his eyes.

"Carter" I said in a whisper "what do we do?"

"I don't know. If she loves him then we know that we can't change her mind, but if he is using her or blackmailing her then we have to help her"

"But May has never done anything wrong, what would he be using against her?"

"I.. I don't know Kora. I don't know and I hate not knowing. For the past 10 years I have know that girl, and since she was 11 we have been able to be there and protect her from everything, every her own parents. But now I just don't know what to do."

"Do we let her be with him?"

"I think we let her chose"

————————————————————————
May
My family left calmly, Ace later told me that he told them his last name and that caused them to all be quiet. I told him that was not a good thing to do, but he replied saying that they would have to know at some point and since he was serious about us it was better sooner than later.

"Ace" I said to him while we were laying in bed

"Yes mi amor"

"I don't know why, but I feel as if I can't keep it a secret anymore"

"What do you mean"

"My pregnancy, I'm 2 weeks, I know that's not a lot, but I just can't keep it in,  I'm not good with secrets."

"Hunny, we have to go through at least 2 months before we tell anyone, and even that's too early. Like you said, we want to get through the first trimester before we tell anyone."

"Your right, I am just so exited! We are having twins Ace, twins!"

He turns to me with a grin on his face, wraps his arms around me so my head is in his chest, "so am I neonato [baby], we will have 2 more pairs of feet running around the house"

"Yes, yes we will"

"I love you May, and I love Theo and Roman. I will admit that I was not expecting them, but I will love them nonetheless. I plan on giving the 5 of you everything until the day I die. Alright?"

I don't respond, I just lean in and kiss him "I love you" I whisper "and I believe in us" and with that we just stay in each others embrace for the rest of the night.

———————Time skip 2 weeks——————
        2 days before Ace leaves for Italy, May is 1 month pregnant

I wake up to Theo jumping on the bed, Ace is next to me with his arms wrapped around my waist and is determined on not letting Theo squeeze in between us like he has been for the past 4 days.

"Wake up mama!" Theo yells again "you too Ace! Wake up!"

"Theo is 6am, go back to sleep buddy" Ace tells him in his morning voice

"But I want to watch cartoons!"

"no hun, go to bed please Theo" I say

And as if on cue, Roman wakes up

"Dammit" I say "alright, I'm getting up, I'll meet yo down statue Theo, but get ready first hun"

"Okie dokie"

I slowly get out of bed while unwrapping Ace's arms from around me "stay in bed gattina"

"No Ace, I have to get up, both kids are awake, and you have to get up to"

"Why" his said with a groan

"Because I need your help with both children"

"Fine" he said finally getting up

After a bit of throwing up and getting ready I was able to walk into the kitchen, Ace was already in the living room with the boys, Theo was wrapped up in a blanket and Roman was cubbies against Ace, but when he saw me he instantly reached up for me.

"What do you boys want for breakfast?"

"Waffles"

"Fruit"

"Ababhdbdb"

"Thank you for everyone's helpful suggestions, breakfast will be waffles, fruit, and a side of whatever Roman said"

Roman giggled at the sound of his name and cuddled closer into my chest, which in fact were becoming sore and slowly getting bigger.

After a while I had gotten everything ready, and today was the day that Ace was going to tell the boys that he was leaving in 2 days.

We all sat down and I placed Roman down in his high-chair, I looked up at Ace and saw that he was a little worried to start talking.

"So" Be started off with "You boys know how I am from Italy right?"

"Uh huh" Theo said with his face stuffed with food

"Well buddy" he did a small cough in order to lover the tension "I'm going back home in 2 days"

"What?" Theo said, he dropped his fork and looked at Ace with tears in his eyes "why are you leaving? I though we were your family"

I looked over at Ace and saw that he didn't know what to do, so I got off my chair and went over to my son

"Theo baby, Ace has family in Italy and they all miss him, remember your uncles? They are all in Italy and miss him soooo much, and so do all of his friends and parents too."

"Can we go with him mama? Can we?"

"Um, I don't know hun, do you want to leave your home here?"

"YES, I want you to be happy, and I also want to be happy and I also want Roman to be happy, and I know that we will be happy if we are with Ace"

I look over at him and see he has a small smile on his lips "if you want you could all live with me, we would all be together and happy"

"Are you serious Ace?" I ask him

"Yes mi amor, I was going to ask you tonight, but I would love it if you came back to Italy with me and live there so we could raise all 4 of our boys in my home land. And possibly even more if God gifts us more children"

Once again Ace and May are Roman Catholic so they believe in God

I look up at him and I'm lost for words, I always wanted to return to Italy, but I never had a reason to. But I kept thinking to myself, am I moving too fast? Is this going to be the right choice for my family? All I know is that I cannot live this life in fear, and if I love Ace, and he loves me, the I should do it.

So I look at him and nod

"Really bambina" he says to me

"Yes" I say back " we will go with you to Italy"