Ch. 25 • Wedding bells

May
Tomorrows the day. My wedding day, I had dreamt about this day my entire life, and I couldn't sleep.

Ace and I were in separate rooms for the night, Stella and Kora said it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride deforestation the wedding.

We were having a big wedding, both our parents wanted to invite so many people that we didn't even know half of them. I wanted a small one, Ace wanted a bigger one, so he sided with our parents and me wanting to fit in, agreed.

I look over at the clock and see that it's 1:38am.

I can't do this. I can't.

I run out of bed and rush to Ace's room, knocking hard 3 times. After a minute Ace opens the door and is in blue sweatpants looking at me confused. I have tears in my eyes and am in a large t-shirt and cotton shorts.

"What's wrong principessa? Why are you crying?" He says while hugging me

"I can't Ace, I can't do this" I say while crying on him

He quickly pulls back "what do you mean you can't do this? Do you not want to marry me May?" He looks hurt

"NO. No no no, I want to marry you, I want to call you my husband, I just don't want the big wedding, I want just us! I know it's stupid of me to tell you this late but I can't Ace, I want to marry you, knowing that it was only you I did it for, not to make our parents happy" he brings me back into his arms "okay" he says

"Hun?" I say while wiping my eyes

"I said okay, go put on a robe and I will put on a shirt, get the boys out of bed and into the living room, I will meet you there" and with that he kisses my head and leaves
————————————————————
"Mama, why are we up?" Roman whines

"Yah mama, why" Theo chimes in

"Hush boys, papa told us to meet him in the livin-" I stop mid sentence, right in the middle of the living room are my parents, Ace's parents, Nigel and Katherine, Silas, Vincent, and Mateo, all in pajamas.  

"I'm sorry we pushed you into having a big wedding May, but I hope this works" Andrea says.
Theo and Roman walk over to kora and sit on the couch with her, I hand the twins to Stella and Andrea, "thank you" I tell them.

Silas and Mateo are sitting on another couch and Vincent is in the middle of the room next to Ace, "Vincent got a marriage license about 2 years ago for no reason, I guess it finally comes in handy, right?" Ace says with a chuckle " I know I wanted a big wedding, and I will get that later today, but now, now you get yours, a small wedding, and I will marry you in either one my love"

"This is perfect Ace, thank you" I say, and lean on my tip-toes to give his cheek a kiss

"No problem May, I love you"

"And I love you"

"Shall we begin?" Vincent says

"Yes" Ace and I say in unison

"Now, I have known Ace my whole life, he was a brother to me. I care for him dearly, and seeing him with May" he pauses and looks at both of us, "well, it brings me joy to see that two people, who have fought through life in different ways, can finally be with someone who understands, cares, and loves them."

I look back and see that our family is watching and listening intently with smiles on their faces.

"It is which great pride and please that I ask the following, do you Ace Russi, take May De Léon, to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, in better or for worse, in richer and in poorer as long as you both shall live?"