Ch. 4 • Confessions

May

I stare at the men for a couple of seconds before I move out of the door way and gesture for them to come in.

I was dressed in a black robe and fuzzy slippers while they were all in suits

Even though this was my home and it was 9:30pm, I still felt underdressed

"Thank you Spring" Vincent said with a smile

Vincent and Silas have called me Spring since I can remember

They said it has to do with the fact that the month of May was in the month of Spring, I always liked the nickname

"No problem guys" I say while closing the door "are you planning on staying? I could set up the guest bedrooms for you."

Why was I being so welcoming? 

"That would be nice" said Ace "but I would much rather sleep with y..."

"Don't you finish that sentence" I said while turning to him "follow me" I said moving past them "The guest bedroom has one king sized bed, now I know that there are 4 of you so I will bring extra blankets and pillows so 2 of you can sleep on the bed while 2 of you sleep on the floor."

"Thanks May" said Mateo

I gave him a small smile, " there is a bathroom connected to your room, in case any of you feel like you need to clean up, but I don't have any clothes for you to change into, sorry."

We finally got to the room and I opened the door for them to enter

"Both of my boys are sleeping  down the hall, so please be as quiet as possible. I am the second door to your right." I said to all of the guys. "I am going to be working on in my room, so if you need anything just knock on the door. I will be right back with pillows, blankets, and hygienic things." Right before I leave, Ace speaks

"I'll help you" 

-------------------------------------------------------
Ace

"Ummm" says May

I can tell she's debating with herself whether or not to let me help her, but in the end she just says "ok" and begins to walk down the hall to get the things.

"Your house is lovely principessa" I say, trying to lighten to mood, "you always told me that once we got older you wanted to live in a cottage and raise our kids. I never really liked the idea but seeing it now, full of life. Lets just say I can not wait for you to remodel our home back in Italy."

May stopped in front of a closet and looked up at me with her stern brown eyes, "This is my home Ace, we had our shot, but like I said before, you ended it."

I look down on her, confused on why she is frighting getting back together with me so much 

"Please principessa, I just want to take you back home" I say "Along with Theigo and Roman. I want to be able to come back home after a day at work and smell your cooking in the air. I want to walk through the door and have the two boys jump on me greeting me hello, and to walk into the kitchen to kiss you 'hello' while your stomach is swollen with a child and while another is secured on your hip while you cook. I want to give you the life we deserve, I want to be able to call you mine again May. Please principessa. " 

At this point I have my hand in hers, holding onto it as if it were life itself, but she takes her hand back.

"Three years Ace. Three years is how long we were together, but you just tossed me aside as if I was one of your flings, like I was nothing..."

"No bambina no ,after 2 months without you I went crazy. I couldn't handle being without you! I looked for you, ten months I looked for you, and during those 10 months I never touched or let anyone touch me. I realized that nobody could fill the void that was left in my heart. I still love you mi amore, just let me prove it to you. Let me prove that I can still be a good partner to you and a good father to the boys."

"Even if I did say yes, I don't need my boys to grow up in a dangerous environment. You said it yourself when we were together, you didn't want kids because of your work."

That was true, I do remember saying that, but now seeing May as a parent, it made my heart full. 

I now know what I want with her, a family. 

I want as many children as possible with her, even if that meant that our children would grow up in a dangerous environment, I would protect them. All of them.

"I know tesoro, the mafia environment is not an ideal place to raise our children, but I know we can make it work. You, me, Theo, Roman, and our future children can live happily in the life style because I will protect you all at all costs. That is my dream now, our family, and you of all people know that when I dream something I don't stop until I get it"

May turns from me, opening the cabinet, taking out extra blankets and pillows. Then she turns to me,

"I have a new life here Ace. In Scotland, I have a house, children, friends, my brother and his family. All that I have ever wanted, I have. And as much as I hate to admit it, I still love you too, but I am not just taking care of myself anymore, I am also taking care of my kids, and I don't want them to have to see their mother broken if we end up a mess. "

"I know bambina, but..."

"No buts Ace, I'm sorry but I cant put myself out there yet." She hands me the blankets and pillows, "I have work to do and you need sleep, goodnight Ace."

With that she turns away and heads towards her room.

I wanted her then and I want her now, I am going to get her back.

————————————————————————
Well that's the end of ch.4 😊
Tell me what you think, and give in any ideas that you might want to see in this story!!!
Whether it's another child or a kidnapping, I don't care😂
Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone ❤️🦃