Ch. 21 • Ring

Ace

May just looks at me with wide eyes and her right hand slowly goes up and covers her mouth.

"Amore mio, I will not have enough time on this earth to show you how much I love you, not enough seconds to thank god for placing you into this world with me. And I will most definitely not have enough money to buy you all that you deserve. I love you May De Léon, and I plan on making sure that you and our children receive the lives you deserve and most importantly the love that you all deserve."

"Ace" she says in a hushed voice, tear gathering up in her eyes

"I love Theigo, I love Roman, I love Nicholas, I love Oliver, but most importantly, I love you. I love your intelligence , I love your beauty, I love your cooking, I love your singing, I love our children. I love you. All of you. So, Ms. De Léon, will you marry me?"

"Yes" she says "Yes! I would love to marry you!" I quickly get up and crash my lips onto hers, "I love you, I love you, I love you" she says while kissing.

"I love you more, fiancé"

"Fiancé" she says "I like how that sounds"

"You know what sounds better love?"

"Hm"

"Wife" and with that we dispatch and see our families around us cheering, sadly waking up the babies.

"Woop Woop!" I hear Theo say "We have dad now! Did you hear that Ro, we have a papa!"

"Papa" Roman cheers while clapping

May goes to grab the babies and pulls them close and they instantly calm down- mamas boys.

We hear various 'congratulations' from both families, and receive many, MANY, hugs- if you can't tell already, I'm not big on hugs. Only when they are from May am I alright with them, and my children. That's it.

"My baby's getting married" I hear my mom say, " I'm so happy I could cry" Kora came up with her and they both hugged May and I.

"Let us see the ring hun" kora says to May

She extends her hand to show the ring I had chosen, it was my mother's, she gave it to me when I told my parents that I wanted to marry her a couple of weeks back.

It's got carefully crafted designs on the side, along with small diamonds around the band. In the middle is the main Diamond, I wanted to get May some thing bigger, but I knew that she liked small detailed and thoughtful things. So I decided to go with the one that my mother gave me, it was a family heirloom and I knew that it would mean a lot.

"Beautiful" She says "where did you find it Ace?"

"It was mine actually, I knew that I just had to give it it him when he told us he wanted to marry May. Doesn't it just look beautiful on her cute hand." My mom said

"It certainly does, my ring was also an Heirloom, Carter got it from his grandmother when asking to marry me"

"Ahhh" mom said in response, after a couple of more congratulations to May and I, the two moms left and began to discuss some wedding ideas. They are over the moon and acting as if the wedding is for them rather than us, but it's alright as long as they know that they are the mothers and not the bride.

When they begin to walk away May looks up at me, "cosa c'è che non va Tesoro? [what's wrong baby?].

"I think the twins are hungry" she says in a hushed tone.

"Alright" Is all I say before turning to our family "Nico and Oliver are hungry, so if everyone would please go home, we should be out of the hospital around 6 today, so we can all meet tomorrow" I shoo everyone out of the room right after they say goodbye to us and give Theo and Roman kisses.

"They could have just waited outside you know" May says while undoing her bra

" I know, but I want some quality time with my fiancé and children." I give her a kiss and then help her with the bra- I'm an expert at taken them off of her ;)

"Papa, hungry" Roman says

"Me too" Theo chimes in

"Papa can take you guys to get food, I'll just be here feeding, but can you bring me something as well please?" May asks

"Maybe we can just get food from downstairs, I don't really want to leave you, what if something happens and I'm not here to protect you" I say

"Ace. We already have 6 guards outside my door, 10 on this floor, and 45 around the hospital in total. I think I will be alright" she says with a laugh

She may think it's funny, but when you are at the top of the mafia many people will try and take you down. And having the love of your life in a hospital room, without her husband, can be dangerous. Especially after giving birth the day before.

"I will order food, how does that sound? I get that you think we are safe, but I'm not taking any chances hun. So what does everyone want to eat?"

"Guava smoothie with a steak salad please" May says immediately

"Is that okay with you boys" I say turning to face Theo and Roman

"Nah, we want-" Roman then stands on his tip toes to talk into Theo's ear, "what do we want Theo" he says in a loud whisper

"Burgers" he replies

"Burgers, we want burgers" he says now facing me

I chuckle a bit, "alright, I will order a guava smoothie with a steak salad for mama, and 3 burgers for us boys. How does that sound?"

I see thumbs up from everyone so I pull out my phone to place the order.

"Hello, sorry to crash in, but is the patient in this room May De Léon?" Says a young man, looks around 28. Average looking, blond hair with blue eyes, sounds a bit German to be honest.

"Yes?" May says, not fully seeing the person who asked, I am covering her and making sure this a*shole doesn't see my wife breastfeeding.

"Who might you be?" Theo asks looking the man up and down - good boy, I taught him well.

"Sorry, my name is James, James Conner. May and I went through residency together"

"Oh my goodness! James!" I hear May yell

Fu*k no.