"Trust Me"

"Tell me what?...think about what exactly?" I asked my two friends who I came across when I made my way back to the ball. I hear them mention my name in their conversation in which made me curious.

They stood there with shock on their faces. Senan gulped while Marin smiled awkwardly. I waited for their answer but they shared looks and glanced anywhere but me.

"Oi, I'm right here." I snapped my finger at them. Senan shuffled his feet and was about to make an excuse to leave but before he could do that, Marin spoke up.

"We saw Nott kissing Fawley!"

"Marin!"

He covered her mouth. My chest pained after she had told me. At first, I couldn't believe what I heard. I trusted Demetrius with all my heart but it seemed to have blinded my mind. "Don't lie to me, Marin."

She bit Senan's hand, causing him to let go. "I'm telling the truth! At the corner of the party, Fawley kissed him. Tell her, Senan!" He held his hand and sighed.

"There's no point of keeping it from you. She's telling the truth. Nott cheated on you and we saw it with our own eyes."

"...but he wouldn't-"

"But he did, (Y/n). I'm sorry." Once I saw her open her arms for me, I ran towards her and cried. Marin hugged me tight while I felt Senan slowly pat my back. How could he? We almost made it for a year but that doesn't matter anymore. My questions needed answers and he was the only one I can get them from.

"That manwhore is gonna get it!" She spat. "I guess I could give him a punch." Senan quietly said. I was crying and felt the urge to let it all out but I didn't want them to carry the weight I was feeling.

"This is probably why my mom doesn't want us to be in a relationship at this age. Geez, did you see what happened to my eldest brother? They hit it off and boom! A child!"

"Griffin, not the best time to be telling that story."

"Oh-sorry."
I pulled away from the hug while Marin had her hands on my shoulders. She looked at me with worry but at this point, I couldn't see clearly with the tears in my eyes. "I need to ask him myself if that's the case." I sniffled.

"He's just gonna lie to you. If you confront him then obviously he won't tell you the truth."

"Marin, let her do it. We have no business with this." My tears couldn't stop falling and Senan had to give me his handkerchief so I can wipe them all away. Do my housemates hate me that much? How could they possibly think about hurting me twice? No, it's not just twice. They've hurt me a million times now.

Despite my hurt, I couldn't hate him. I grew to love and trust Nott, I just didn't expect him to do this. Suddenly, I heard Marin laughing and had a grim look on her face.

"Ooooh, Nott's gonna be dead when Riddle finds out." She whispered to Senan. He slapped her arm and looked towards me. "I'm sorry this had to happen."

"Don't be sorry, Senan. If anyone's at fault then it is me. I trusted him too easily."

"But he cheated on you. You're too nice sometimes and people are taking advantage of that." I didn't say anything since my mind went blank. I stared at them with the heaviness on my chest and walked past them. Talking to Demetrius could help since I cannot just judge him without knowing the story.
.

.

.

.

.

.

Outside of the ball, I stood there thinking if I should go in or not. I didn't want to be in a crowded place anymore and neither do I wanna talk to anyone who I come across. My energy was drained therefore all I hear was the music inside and the sound of people having fun.