"Duel"

As I sat down along with the other students in the great hall, my stomach instantly lost its appetite just by seeing this girl forcing herself on Tom. She kept touching his arm and fiddled with his jet black locks which were really uncomfortable to witness. He never did anything about it though, but instead, focused on his book just like always. She's trying hard but I'm afraid her luck is out. The great hall was louder than usual since the professors had something to settle. It's possibly about that day I rattled everyone.

"(Y/n)." I heard Demetrius whisper my name. This made me snap out of my reality. "Wha?" I mouthed.

"You're not eating anything?"

"Oh, I'm good. Don't worry about me." I've known him long enough to know that he didn't believe a word I said. He let it pass and just smiled at me before proceeding to chat with his pals. Honestly, the great hall is only pleasant when it's Christmas. Decorations were everywhere and only a few people were around. While thinking about the holidays, I remembered that Sir Albus and I have tea time later on. There's good news and bad news. The good news is our theory about Sir Albus giving Tom something more than just tea was confirmed. The bad news is...I can't tell them anything.

Stupid it might be I'm sure you think so too but Sir Albus finally trusted me with such a secret. I love my friends, I really do but I'll keep this one to myself for now. At least that's what he said was the safest way to handle this.

"Tooooom~ I need someone to help me with potions. Please, Please." Oh my god, disgusting. I almost choked on the apple juice I was drinking. The person next to me noticed and pat my back. "Second-hand embarrassment, am I right?" He asked me. I bit my cheek to try and stop myself from laughing.

"I have plans, therefore, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you." Riddle told her in a rather gentle way. "Oh really? What's he gonna do? Read the same bloody book for the whole day?" I whispered to the person beside me. We started chuckling uncontrollably, earning a few looks from the other Slytherins around us, even the girl herself.

"What's so funny, (L/n)?" She asked me. We cleared our throats before looking at her with amusement. "Nothing."

"Then you must be going mad."

"You think so? Maybe you should take a look at yourself." She gasped while Tom sighed. Cool. I'm annoying two people at the same time! "I beg your pardon!"

"I'm sure you do."

"Leslie, perhaps Abraxas can assist you. For now, I cannot help you at the moment. You don't look so well, I suggest you eat your lunch before completing your studies." Tom quickly closed his book along with a friendly smile. She seems to buy his concern towards her but in reality, I'm sure he just wanted to put an end to the developing argument we were gonna have.

"But what if Abraxas won't be there? Will you be the one to teach me?" She pouted, making me cringe at the sight of a fifteen-year-old girl acting like a child.

"...I suppose yes-"

"YAY! MEET ME NEAR THE BLACK LAKE!" The girl hopped off his lap and skipped away. Who the hell studies potions near the black lake? That's total bullcrap right there folks!

"Yikes...rest in peace Tom Riddle." I said as I walked decided to leave the great hall at once with peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my hand. For a few moments, I took the courage to take a short glance. His eyes met with mines but he looked at me with tension that made me feel uneasy. I must be that much of an eyesore to him. Just when I was about to look where I was going, I bumped into someone and they did not like it one bit.

"Watch where you're bloody going, (L/n)." There he was. A furious Abraxas Malfoy standing right in front of me. He had peanut butter and jelly smeared on his cloak. He noticed this first hand and looked even more furious.