"Unexpected"

Finally, this year has come to an end. It was Christmas once more meaning I can go back to the orphanage and spend my time with my brother. The snow was falling outside but it didn't stop the students from playing to their heart's content.

Believe it or not, I actually wasn't in a good mood. You see, my housemates blamed me for losing forty points even though I kept it steady through the whole year. Bunch of crazy bastards am I right? It was a relief to finally be having a break from this place.

My bags were already with me now all I had to do was say goodbye to everyone I care for and look for Marin and Senan. I won't be leaving this school without them and for Nott, he left earlier. He told me his family has a special event to attend to.

I snapped out of my thoughts when a snowball hit my face. It made me feel even colder but it also made my blood boil. I wiped it off my face immediately and once I was able to see. There was a boy right in front of me and a girl with glasses hiding behind my back.

"Oh sorry mate, that wasn't for you. God Warren, if you didn't dodge the snowball, she wouldn't have been involved." His friends were behind him.

"Just leave me alone Hornby! If you hate me that much then stop bloody following me." The girl said. The boy looked at me and had an amused expression on his face. I wasn't in the mood to play with children at the moment and I was still mad about what happened  earlier.

"Oi, aren't you the Slytherin who lost forty points from your house?" He laughed along with his group.

"What about it you little shit? I'd bury you under the snow if it were allowed." My words made them feel uneasy but it wasn't enough to break down his pride.

"Too bad for you. Move aside and mind your own business." Before they could run after the girl, I tripped the spoiled brat and watched him fall on the ground face first. I grabbed him by the leg while his friends stood there in horror.

"Hey Warren, wanna throw this wuss off the lake or stick to my plan?"

"T-This is illegal! You can't do that or else you'll get in trouble."
The boy whined in fear. I took him by the collar and pierced him with my glare.

"Oh yeah? Try me."

"Okay, Okay! I'm sorry I'll leave!"

"Good." I dropped him and put back my hands in my pockets. It was so cold to the point where you can see my breath in the frigid atmosphere. They all scurried away while he tripped once again when he tried standing up. The raven-haired girl had a smile plastered on her face then I gave her a wink before leaving the corridor.

"The kid's right, (L/n). That was against the rules." I looked to my right to see Riddle leaning in the wall holding a book. "Like bullying the poor girl wasn't?" He chuckled as if I said something stupid.

"I better go. The train's leaving in an hour." Once I had taken a good look at the book he was holding, I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"You still have it?" He looked at the book and I swear his ears turned pink. " don't be embarrassed. You better be reading that or else my money got wasted."

"You said this wasn't expensive."

"Hahahahaha! You honestly believed that?!" I started laughing uncontrollably.

"That was more expensive than the wrapper! Remember that?" I expected him to be annoyed or say something to defend himself but no. The boy leaning in the wall was smiling and looking down. Was he laughing with me? That was supposed to irritate him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm alright. What made you ask?"

"I-I don't know. I just wanted to ask."

"See you next year, (L/n). Enjoy your holidays." He said before walking past me. I stood there dumbfounded by his unexpected reaction. he wasn't like that at all. Despite our distance from each other, he was still my first friend. He was there when I needed him. Things might have made a drastic turn but maybe I still cared for him.

  ...Enjoy your holidays as well, Tom...