"A Talk"

It's been a while since that Quidditch practice. I felt a lot better around Avery after Tom made me drink that potion. I still felt anxious around him but it wasn't that bad as last time.
Gee, I was in a blushing mess, and the worst part is, I was a horrible liar.

Today, Senan and I planned to meet near the forbidden forest. He told me to bring rabbit meat and wished me safety on my way there.

It was in the morning so there was light in the forest. I prepared my wand just in case I needed it, you'll never know what creatures would take your life away at an instant.
While I was being cautious about the whole environment, I saw a familiar-looking boy. It was Senan!

He was feeding thestrals with meat and seeing him calmed me. "Hey Senan, you sent me a letter yesterday." He turned around and his face lit up with a smile. "Yes. I was hoping to talk to you." Talk to me? About what?

"Am I in trouble?" I asked him, getting nervous. He chuckled and shrugged his head. "No. It's something else."

"Oh, okay then."

"So...do you remember when I said shouldn't keep secrets from each other?" I nodded. he threw a piece of meat towards the thestrals and they all raced towards it. I backed up a bit and felt scared about how aggressive they were but when a little one joined in, they gave the piece to it.

"Magnificent creatures aren't they?"

"I guess they're quite intriguing."
We watched the group of thestrals in comfortable silence. Their bat-like wings spread but they were beautiful despite the grim look of the creature.

I look back at Senan to see him with an expression on his face that I've never seen before. He looked tired and unhappy.

"These creatures are only visible to the ones who have witnessed death...and accepted its reality."

My chest felt heavy and my eyes started to water. The reason I'm seeing them was because of my family's death. Another newborn thestral sneaked up to me and snatched the piece of rabbit meat from my hand. The young one shared it with his mother but I was only focused on controlling my emotions at that moment.

"You're right I suppose I need to tell you something." I took a deep breath and tried to keep myself from crying again. That very moment I remembered my parents and my brothers all together on our farm.

Mom and dad would milk the cows while William and Isaac chased down chickens. That memory was back when I was five. I never expected things to end like this. "I-I lost my family."

"I know." I stared at him but he was too busy gazing at the thestrals. "You know?"

"Yeah, I know. That time when Marin picked you up. I read a sign saying we had arrived at an orphanage. Unlike her, I can actually read." He looked back at me and started at my dumbfounded face. "Yes-of course. You would know that."

"It gave me enough proof when I found out you can see them too."

I shuffled my hands and looked down at my feet. "It all happened three years ago."

"What happened?"

"We were attacked by wizards-I dont know, it all happened so quickly."

"It's alright. Don't force yourself to remember."

"Back then I didn't have the intention of going here...but that day forced me to." I couldn't believe how far I've come after that incident. I was now a third-year student in Hogwarts who used to hate wizards and witches.

"That's why I called you here."
I gave him a questioning look. "You wanted to ask me about it?" "Not only because of that. I also have some things I need to share as well."