"Happines After Darkness"

"Pardon? Perhaps you have mistaken me with another...person." The ghost squinted his eyes and looked at me carefully. He shook his head in frustration. This is the future and I'm afraid, it's not impossible. If I did lose my life forty-seven years ago, how did it happen and why?

"Well you're the only (Y/n) (L/n), I know." He shrugged. Fear was rushing in but all I could do was refuse to believe it. What about my brother? What happened to him now that I was gone?

"H-How?"

"I believe I'm not the one who should answer that. But how are you standing in front of me now? Are you a ghost as well?"

"No...I don't understand-"

"She looks pretty solid to me." The other twin started poking my cheek nonstop. I didn't do anything about it since I was so deep in thought. Fear was starting to take over now that I realize the situation. I have so many questions, was this the reason Sir Albus refused to answer them? Were there more things I needed to know that may not be pleasant?

"What about my friends? Marie Nour Griffin, do you know her? Senan Walsh-Demetrius Nott?"

"Demetrius Nott? Do you mean to say Theodore Nott's grandfather?"

"That's not possible Ron," Ginny told her brother. They don't know that I have traveled through time yet but I will soon if I find out what's going on. No, I should tell them now, in that way it would be easier for them to tell me the events that would happen in the future. I looked towards Ron and asked him about what he told me earlier.

"Are you telling me, Theodore Nott's grandfather is Demetrius Nott?"

"Yeah. Demetrius Nott and Amelia Nott."

"Oh..." They ended up together after all. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from him especially when almost all my housemates hate me. Knowing that I was a pure-blood after all, they have no reason to pick on me now.

"Then does any of you know Tom Riddle? Where is he now?" They all had their mouths agape with their eyes popping out of their sockets. It was weird how they suddenly acted when I brought him up, none of them even bothered answering. "Tom Marvolo Riddle? Do you know him?" I said it clearer and the way I said it made them more uncomfortable.

"He who must not be named..." Sir Nicholas said. "No, I was talking about Tom Riddle, I'm sure you know who he is."

"My brother's right, we haven't seen you around. Where did you come from exactly?" Ginny asked me with a disturbed look in her eyes. Perhaps I said something sensitive. I have no idea what I did for her to think suspicious of me except for appearing out of nowhere. Their eyes were all on me, waiting for my answer. Once I took a deep breath, I finally dared to uncover the truth.

"...I'm from the past. Nineteen forty-two, that's where I came from. I wouldn't say I came here on accident but-it's complicated."

"Woah...Nineteen forty-two? How did you get here?" Ron asked me and almost all of them wanted to know how I traveled into the future.

"I don't have time to explain right now. I just came here for answers, hopefully, someone could answer all of them."

"Well, you can go to the headmaster and ask him. I'm sure he knows everything." I can't have the professor know that I'm here. I'm sure they'll freak out if I magically appear right in front of them after dying forty-seven years ago. How did I die anyway? I'll be dying at age twenty. That's horrible!

"I can't let Dippet know I'm here! The professors might find out."

"Dippet has been long gone. Dumbledore's the headmaster of the school now." Dumbledore?! Definitely not! I can't let him see me. He might stop me from uncovering the truth if he ever finds out I'm here.