"Magic of Potions"

Being the center of attention isn't always good. Especially when the reason you're in that spotlight might be a little out of place. Every single one of my housemates would not stop staring at me and when I say every single one of them, I meant the Bones and her friends and Malfoy with his little boy Scout group.

I needed to study for the exams while finishing my school projects at the same time but I couldn't do that if there was no privacy left for me. Angelique would ask me over and over again what I saw or what I saw, while the other girls thought it was hilarious what I got myself into.

"I can't believe you had to go back after disappearing for three months." I heard Malfoy's sickening voice though I chose to ignore his words. The Slytherin Common room was the only place I could get some alone time and work in peace but they wanted to test my patience.

"Why did you decide to come back anyway, (L/n)? I'm sure we've done everything to try and keep you out of Hogwarts." I didn't answer and instead wrote down some notes.

"Hey, Lestrange." He whispered. They must be plotting something again. I thought I was a pain in the arse but it seems I have found a worthy opponent. Murmurs of the girls were fairly loud from behind me and the boys started snickering like a bunch of lunatics. Ah—now I can't focus. What was I doing again?

Just when I was about to write it down on my paper, something might hit my head. Another came after the other and the feeling was oddly familiar. Were they throwing paper at me again? I sighed

"You do know you completely wasted that perfectly good paper, right?" I asked him. He then scoffed. I heard his footsteps approaching behind me and this made me scared shitless. There's no guarantee what he'll do this time. Last time, he took my wand before throwing it out of the lake. The other time was when he cut a piece of my hair without permission. The worse one, however, stuck in my memory.

This was when he deliberately flipped me upside down, forgetting that I was a girl wearing a skirt. It was embarrassing alright. If it wasn't for Augusta reversing the spell, almost everyone could have seen me. What's he gonna do this time? Force me to tell them answers on the upcoming test? No, I'm certain they've done that before.

I heard one of the girls giggling while I felt Abraxas was peeking from behind me. "You look like you need help, (Y/n). Why don't you let me borrow that for a minute!" He quickly snatched my notebook while shoving me in the process.

"Hey!" I hastily stood up and tried taking it from him. "Don't make me use my wand on you, Malfoy!"

"Keep my name off your filthy mudblood mouth, would ya?" Just when I almost had my hands on my notebook, he passed it over to Black who then proceeded to toss it over Lestrange. Everyone in the room went wild while one of them chose to ignore this chaos. I remembered the days when Tom used to help me when I got in trouble but now, he's just sitting there with his legs crossed and reading his book.

I raised my wand to cast a spell but Malfoy grabbed it as well. "Too slow!"

"Just give it back!"

He then twirled a strand of my hair with his finger while he hid my wand behind him. "Maybe if you do a little somethin' for me I might give it back." Almost everyone in the room gasped and made ooing sounds. The next thing you know, he and his group of friends were singing a bunch of songs and dancing with each other.

It pissed me off so bad that I must have been redder than Marin's hair. I am no mudblood, AND I AM NOT A PUSHOVER!

"What is wrong with you people?! I came here to get my privacy and here you are, acting like a bunch of toddlers! I can't stand it!" I kicked the couch and actually managed to move it. I surely got their attention since they were now dead silent. Even Tom averted his eyes towards me.