"Soon Quidditch Tragedy"

"On your left!" I slapped the back of Malfoy's head while sprinting across the Quidditch pitch where not many players were present yet. He failed to react on time, seeing how loud my fast steps were and he's a beater! Since no one was around yet, I took the opportunity to spend more time with my new mate.

"Ow-that's not fair, I didn't even see you."

"Please, do not tell me you couldn't hear me approaching you. What kept you so distracted anyway?" I scoffed.

Abraxas pointed towards one of the rings far ahead. "The thing's about to fall off. They should look after the pitch more often." Taking a closer look at the so-called ring that was falling apart, I saw nothing out of the ordinary and it looked like it was in perfect condition.

"There's nothing wrong with it, Malfoy."

"I wouldn't tell you if there wasn't. If they don't hurry to fix it up then it may just collapse at any time."

"Well, if ever one of us gets hurt, the school most certainly has to pay for the damage. I'm fine with losing a limb as long as somebody offers me money-at a specific amount though."
He then hit me from the back of my head a bit too hard, causing me to shoot him a questioning look. "What was that for?!"

"Oops, definitely didn't do that on purpose." He made a sly smile as if he had just accomplished something. Malfoy covered his mouth as he let out a quiet giggle that I suppose was because of the reaction he got from me. "Sorry-terribly sorry, It felt right."

My face crumpled in a genuine frown."Blimey, where was the warning!" My question was left unanswered with a shrug. "Ah, so that's how we're gonna play it." I hit him one more time with a hop since he was a bit taller than me then made a run for it just to prevent him from doing it again.

"Hey! I only did that just to get back at you!" I heard him shout while I went further and further away from him. "Oh, you're gonna get it!" When I had the chance to glimpse behind him, my blood ran cold seeing he was already so much closer than I expected him to be.

Merlin's beard, this boy is so much faster than I thought he would be. With one successful hit from him, I wasn't backing down that easily. I quickly turned around and slapped his forehead with an impact harder than a plane crash, making a whip-like sound. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. "Alright, that hurt like hell, (n/n)." Our heavy breaths were engulfed by the field's silence but not long after, we burst out laughing at the amusing scene that happened.

"You bloody idiot, my forehead feels like it's been thrown to the pits of hell." His words were cut off with his own laughter, causing me to do the same.

"It's only fair," I added.

"Well then." He stretched his arms, giving me a bad feeling about his sudden movement. "I guess I need to do the same." I flinched when he began approaching me in a fast-paced walk, a terrifying one if you must.

"Nuh-uh, keep your distance. That was the finishing touch, Abraxas!"

"No, it wasn't! C'mere, you rusty old sack of potatoes!" I threw him a middle finger before fleeing away from him but sadly he got ahold of my wrist and pulled me back.

"Oi, I'm gonna hit you back if you do-There's no winner in this!" He seemed to not have listened and proceeded with his attempt for nonexistent revenge. As I tried to stop his hands from even getting close to my face, I noticed that his eyes rapidly shifted from behind me.

Whatever caught his attention made him instantly stop. "En garde!" Once he whispered the code, I hastily turned my back on him while he looked the other way as if we never interacted just now. Footsteps neared us and I tried to act it out by pretending to have been balancing on my broom and him drinking from his bottle.

Thank goodness he saw the others just in time or it could have been a real disaster. My heart was beating out of my chest as I felt their eyes piercing a hole through me, Avery and Lestrange to be exact. "Abraxas, the guys are hanging out later at the astronomy tower. Wanna come?"

(Malfoy's pov)

Lestrange flung his arm around me, almost making me nearly choke on the water I was chugging down. That reminds me, earlier this morning, I sent (n/n) a letter saying I needed to inform her about something serious and asked her to meet me near the lake again. Whatever it is they would do at the astronomy tower, it's most definitely not worth spending my time on.

"...Sorry mate, can't go. I have to finish something." I blatantly answered which sounded off like a held-back answer. My eyes took a short glimpse towards (Y/n) who was busy practicing her balance, failing to notice the glares they were throwing at her.

"You're awfully quiet today. Are you alright?" Avery asked out of the blue.

I let out a scoff at his question that made a load of sense. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

Lestrange's arm around my neck pulled me closer as he shot his eyes towards (Y/n). "If you really are as fine as you say you are then why don't you push her off? Go on then, it's not that complicated to do." He whispered his rotten ideas that I refused strongly deep inside. After committing to the more decent version of myself, it became hard for me to act foul as I did back then. I could only hope the change is not that obvious.

I looked at him with my best serious face and answered. "Sid off, I don't have time for that filthy mudblood." I pushed his arm away from me before I went over to my broom to polish the handle. But before I could even reach for it, I heard them already picking on her. Great! Just when I turned around!

"You got a lot of nerve to show up today after missing a tad load of practice. I say you're no good for our team at this point." She got off her broom to confront him yet you could still see the fear in her movements.

"Avery, Professor McGonagall only suspended me for a few days. There wasn't much to miss, there's still a lot of time to train today."

"I can't wait to see you get hit by a bloody bludger tomorrow. Hey, Abraxas! Aim for her face, will you?" I could not believe what I was hearing. If I have to be honest, I would rather get expelled than harm her in any way. While it was clear that Avery was waiting for my approval, Lestrange shot me a look of suspicion that I presented to have not noticed. Has he already seen through me?

"Fine...I'll aim for the face." I told him with a sigh. I'll get a bullseye from you, fucking loser.