29

Although pushed away from his mate, he stares at the girl that represented his love in a previous life. Bella Swan, although the two girls were very much different from each other. "I ran, the Cullen's hiding spot was found by enemy vampires."

"Well, it doesn't take much for Bella to piss off a bunch of vampires just for existing," Willow responds to the fellow hybrid.

Charlie gives his grandaughter a stern look, while Renesmee has a look of fury. She had never heard of such toxic talk about her family before, she had to believe that they were her protectors from the world around her.

"Volturi or another coven?" Charlie asks, flinging a leather jacket over his shoulders.

"Charlie Swan?" Jacob Black asks in disbelief. He had known of what had become of Bella's other daughter but forgot about the rest of the Swan family in the years that had passed since there was peace in Forks. "I didn't get to find out, Edward told me to track Renesmee to make sure she was safe."

"We will make amends to let you stay Jacob, but until you can control your urges you need to stay away from Renesmee." Charlie lectures before walking out into the treeline, where Jacob sees Sue Clearwater for a split moment before she disappears with Charlie into the forest.

"There's a lot you need to be caught up on Jake," Renesmee says taking a seat at the small table in the kitchen. "For one, the people you once knew have turned into hybrids or vampires. Depending on their circumstances."

Crossing her arms across her chest, she glares at the spawn her mother created. "Shut it!" Willow warns. "No one likes a sob story told by someone that didn't witness it, you wouldn't understand, you've been protected too much from the outside world."

"I know enough to know our mother wasn't kind to you." Willow had turned towards the open door to the outside world.

"Your mother." Willow corrects her. "The sooner we can find your owners, the sooner my family is protected."

Willow herself disappears into the forest beyond their line of sight. Although to protect the urges Jacob had regarding his hybrid state, Jane sat quietly in the corner, a book in hand overwatching the two sitting at the table. "Looking into the mind of Seth, she has the same rage her father had," Renesmee says into the silence. "Although he also showed me that my father killed him."

Jacob's dark eyes look into Renesmee's own. "He only came because of an army, we had to protect your mother-" He is cut off.

"I know." She answers. "I wouldn't be here if you guys hadn't protected her that day."

In the depths of the forests, Charlie and Sue were discussing the current threat that Cullen's enemies had followed Jacob. "Seth I really can't believe that Jacob really used to be a love interest for Bella." Willow interrupts the conversation with a laugh. 

Seth's serious face has a slight smile before looking into Charlie's firm stare. "Do we leave?" Sue asks concerned.

"No," Charlie answers. "We wait for the Cullen's to track the two before we make any other decisions. We prepare for a fight in case trouble follows them."

"Renesmee is family, shouldn't we think about protecting her as well...and Jake." Sue trails off. "You promised Billy if you saw him again you'd protect him."

"Times have changed." charlie says. "It was a whole lifetime that I have seen the Cullens and I'm strong enough to hurt them if they cause trouble."

Willow has a smirk on her face listening to her grandfather. Someone she had always looked up to. "Sue, we're no longer weak compared to them."

Sue nods before grabbing the hands of Willow and Seth. She was worried, as any mother when they would be faced with trouble.