15

Bella Cullen disappears with her vampire family under the cover of the dark, leaving Willow in the care of her grandfather and the new family he was adapting as his own. He had fallen for Sue Clearwater in a short while and the two werewolves had taken over the Swan home. Charlie was glad to have babysitters while he could search for his daughter that left the large modern home in the forest empty. 

Acceptance fell in Charlie when Willow had turned five years old, he missed his daughter dearly but didn't want to waste the time of watching his granddaughter grow. On the day that she blew out her candles, her friends from her class cheering along, Leah had brought her own vampire into the Swan house.

"Mum, Charlie, I'd like you to meet someone." She says entering the kitchen where the adults were found to be putting dishes into the sink. "This is Fred." The pale young man stands next to Leah with a large smile on his face.

To save the stress of freaking out her family, Fred wore dark brown eye contacts to hide his crimson eyes. Charlie steps into the role of being an overprotective parent, asking a lot of questions about Fred and what he did with his life. After the series of questions, Charlie is satisfied that he treats Leah well. "It's nice to meet you, Fred," Sue says shaking his hand. 

"It's nice to finally meet you both. You have a lovely daughter." Fred says flashing another smile.

Willow was done eating cake and opening presents when she notices Fred in the kitchen. "Fred!" She yells before running up to him wearing her party dress.

"Well if it isn't the birthday girl." He says before picking her up and spinning her in a circle. "I got you a little something." He says handing her a card with $10 inside. Willow gushes before running off to show her friends in the next room what she had gotten.

"You didn't have to do that," Leah says playfully hitting his shoulder. Fred shrugs.

"It's my pleasure to treat all girls well." He says winking at his werewolf girlfriend. Seth walks into the room gagging at the scene. Leah had already introduced her brother to Fred just weeks before and he was well aware of his vampire status. 

"You'll be like that in a few years." Sue reminds his son who just shakes his head before grabbing some leftover food from the children. Fred and Leah go towards the children and Charlie look over at his granddaughter. "She looks a lot like Bella when she was little." Sue comments.

Charlie nods. "She's such a happy child even with her father missing and her mother who knows where," Charlie says before returning to finish the dishes. "I'm glad to see Leah so happy with that boy."

Sue smiles at her partner. "He seems like a lovely young man."

Later that night after the party had finished, Willow is put to bed worn out from the celebrations with her friends. Leah takes Fred for a walk in the nearby forest before being surrounded by her former pack brothers. When she had joined Jacob's small pack protecting the Cullen family she had lost her link to the others.

Sam stands in front of the group of tan boys, his arms folded against his chest. "I thought I smelled a leach." Paul comments snarling.

Leah stands in front of her partner. "He's my imprint, you can't touch him." She reminds the wolves of the one rule they enforced on day zero of becoming a vampire. 

Sam, wanting to have a calm night without fighting. "We just came to make sure the Swan's were alright, we don't get many visitors since the Cullen's left," Sam explains. "The boys got riled up when they smelled a foreign vampire."

"Well everything is okay here, you can leave now," Leah says pulling Fred along the path in the opposite direction.

"Wait, we got a letter from Jacob." Leah pauses to look back at her first boyfriend that broke her heart. "He wanted to send a message on behalf of Bella to wish Willow a happy birthday."

"Yet she won't bother contacting her, herself," Leah says. "We're done here." She dismisses the pack of werewolves.