49

Awoken suddenly, Willow's eyes remain blurry as she sees a group of figures around her body, which remained weak from the torture. Her body had bled out each drop of supernatural blood, returning her to her former human state. This would be a fact that she would learn much later.

Edward Cullen had seen it as a successful, the perfect revenge for his late wife. He returned the unwanted daughter back into a weak human, a target for any other supernatural creature.

Although he forced Alice to cover their tracks, where she washed away any trace of wounds except the stitches on her wrists from the blade that had hurt through her flesh. Blood and dirt were also cleaned before she had found some abandoned clothes and dressed the young girl into them.

Anyone from the public would see the sleeping girl as someone waking up from a recent suicide attempt. Perhaps she would be admitted into a mental asylum after someone found her in the quiet streets of Forks Washington.

"Are you alright dear?" An unknown voice asks Willow, which she just groans in return for the question. "An ambulance will be here any minute, can you tell me what happened?"

Willow lets out a jagged breath. "I was...attacked," Willow replied in a weak voice, but the woman that had found her outside her shopfront was able to hear it. She relays the information back to the operator on the phone before paramedics arrive on the scene, causing the public to linger by to watch the events unfold.

"Do you know what happened?" A male paramedic asks the woman before he starts gathering out medical equipment to see the health status of his new patient.

"She said she had been attacked." The kind woman replies while the male paramedic writes down the vitals of the girl.

"We need to get her to the hospital, her vitals are quite bad." He announces before getting his team together and placing Willow carefully onto a bed and loading her into the back of the ambulance. That's where she is hooked up to other various machines, she is able to see more clearly now, but her head hurt from the bright lights around her.

"Can you tell me your name?" A female paramedic asks her, as she is tending to the young girl.

"Willow." She replies to the kind woman, who smiles in her direction and asks more basic questions about the situation that she had found herself in.

Before long, Willow is wheeled into the emergency room where the paramedics relay the information they had about the situation. "Young girl, approximately 18-22 years of age found collapsed outside a shop door this morning, her vitals are weak and she appears to have fresh wounds on both of her wrists. From memory, Willow says she was attacked." He says before the doctors rush into action taking blood samples and pumping her body with fluids to keep her hydrated.

After her body returns to an acceptable level Willow is transferred to a ward, where she undergoes rest in the comfort of a bed. The doctors had prescribed various pain medications for the wounds to her wrists and had found other signs of injuries to her body, which included a fractured foot.

When she awoke again she found the sight of Embry Call sitting in an armchair next to Billy black and Sam Uley. She looks down at her body to see a white cast covering her foot and she was still hooked up to machines to the leftside.

"You're awake." Sam comments, which causes Embry to wake from his slumber. He had been worried sick since the hospital contacted Billy that they had found her.

Willow nods her head as Embry goes to her right side and holds her free hand. Willow weakly squeezes at the kind gesture. "How long have I been out for?" She asks.

"You've been reported missing for just over two weeks and asleep in this hospital room just over ten hours," Billy mentions. "We're so glad you're safe."

Willow takes in the information. "Do you know where the bloodsuckers are?" Sam asks, bitterness in his question.

Willow closes her eyes, trying to think back on recent events but it came up blank. She couldn't remember much of the encounter. "I just remember a dark place." She says sighing.

"You just need to focus on resting," Embry suggests.

"Are you alright?" Willow asks the boy, who appeared to have missed sleep recently due to the dark-colored circles under his eyes.

He lets out a small chuckle. "I healed up nicely, thanks to the doctors on the reservation. I was more worried you had been killed." He says before flashing her a kind smile. "Charlie's arrived and waiting for you to be released from the hospital."

"He's in Forks?" Willow asks plainly, she was happy he was here but there would still be the danger of the Cullen family hanging around.

"He's worried sick about you," Billy informs the girl. "Although he is glad you're safe now under the protection of the wolves."

Willow nods, accepting the explanation. She was still drained from the recent events. "We should give them some privacy Sam," Billy mentions to the older alpha, who nods his head exiting the room following Billy into the hallway.

Willow squeezes Embry's hand once more, comforting herself trying to calm her anxiety, thinking she was still trapped under the eyes of her former step-father. "You're safe," Embry says before caressing her head and pulling her close to his chest. Calming the girl in an instant. "I am never going to let you out of my sight again."

There is a small laugh that tumbles out of Willow's mouth. "We should go to the sunniest place in the world and never leave." She suggests to the boy.

"That would mean needing to obtain a fake passport to pass for a teenager." He mentions, sadly. "Although I would happily run away with you." He says with a smile.