45

Sitting on the edge of a cliff face, Willow looks down at the waves crashing against the rocks below her feet. The rain falls around her, soaking her clothing and making her shiver against the cool air. Little did the girl know, this was the same cliff that her mother had once considered ending her life because she couldn't live without Edward Cullen.

The wolves were off on their usual patrol across the lands, protecting their people. This left Willow to wander the lands alone, the elders had decided that she was getting too close to Embry and decided that they needed space from each other. 

Embry didn't need the distraction of the young hybrid.

Once more Willow felt abandoned by those people around her. Many of the people of the reservation avoided her presence as they saw her as a monster. Only due to the vampire DNA running through her veins. 

"You know, a better way to deal with depression is distractions." An unknown voice says from behind her, she is startled by the sudden voice behind her.

Willow jumps to her feet to face a fellow werewolf she wasn't familiar with. He wore the usual tattered shorts and a tribal tattoo on his shoulder, although she hadn't seen him before. His dark hair is cropped short, although styled like he had been running against the wind. "I...ah-" Willow stumbles on her words.

The unknown male lets out a playful laugh. "I'm just messing with you." He mutters. "You look like you could do with some company."

Accepting the invite, the pair sit with each other, Willow felt a presence of calm around this male she had never met before. "Do tell me, did a boy break your pretty little heart?" The boy asks the girl.

Letting out a short laugh herself, shaking her head. "I'm not sure where to start, my mother being an absolute monster or if I get close to anyone that others need to step in to protect that person," Willow says, her explanation jumbled about the topic. "Am I really that much of a terrible person that I should be left alone forever?"

"Listen," The boy places his hand on Willow's shoulder. "I don't believe you deserve this toxic treatment and you don't deserve to be alone, no one does."

"My whole life has been this tragic affair of people abandoning me, all because I was some result of my mother not being able to keep her legs closed," Willow complains, in the time she had spent with the elders she was able to heal, but it felt nice to explain the exhaustion she has rooted deep inside her, as she believed she was cursed. "Everyone was ready to lay down their lives for my mother, yet everyone sees me as this monster."

"Maybe not everyone had a choice." The boy says with a shrug. "They had to lay down their lives due to some obsession of a teenage boy with a walking supernatural target, she was clumsy as she was a homewrecker."

That statement left Willow a little confused, did this werewolf know about the history of her mother. "Don't let others dictate who you can spend your time with, tell Sam to go fuck himself." The boy mutters with rage, Willow knew that wasn't a good sign, he could explode into his wolf form and cause damage. "I think Embry deserves some happiness in this lifetime, rather than the shitstorm Bella Swan left behind."

"What?" Willow looks shocked at the male.

"Bella was a bitch, no one was brave enough to tell her the truth. You had to suffer so much pain from her and that's fucken sad, watching a young kid growing up hoping this woman that many people only had positive things to say about, is heartbreaking." He says with a sad look on his face.

"You knew me growing up?" Willow asks.

The boy flashes a brilliant smile. "You rather enjoyed the big puppies you saw running around." He says looking out to the ocean beyond. "You did the world a favor by ridding the world of a murderer."

Once again Willow looks confused at the figure. "She put me through a lot of suffering in the end, that led to my own death because of her existence, you now have the power to not be left in the dark burden she gave you. Seriously go and enjoy the world around you and take that other boy with you." The unknown werewolf urges, pushing the girl to her feet.

"Yes Bella Swan brought you into a shitshow, but you have the upper hand of being raised by some amazing people, that will be there for anything you need. But know it's time for you to spread your wings and make your own mark."

Planting her feet into the earth, she halts being pushed further towards the small village. "Why are you telling me this?" She asks as she's shocked to see the figure of the tanned male begin to turn transparent.

"Because you were able to set me free and rest in peace Willow. Thank you." He mentions before completely disappearing into the stormy air.

Staring blankly into the landscape of the harsh sea, all Willow can think to herself is;

Great, now I'm seeing ghosts.