09

Bella's grounding lasted a mere month, with the condition that she saw other friends apart from Edward. Charlie hinted a lot at seeing Jacob down on the reservation, however, she knew what Edward thought of her spending time with the wolves in his absence, she could get hurt. 

Once she was asleep, Edward would look over Willow as she spent in the small room beside her to see if there were any injuries from the days she spent in the care of Sue Clearwater. Willow's hair had started to lengthen and was a wave of hair that fell to the back of her neck. Sue had started pulling back the front of the hair to keep it from her face as she explored her backyard. 

To sweeten the deal that Bella needed to prove that she cared for Willow, she went shopping with Alice and Esme to tidy the small room out for her. But Bella had spent the day in the forest with Edward and it was a surprise to see the amount of clothing and room attire that the two vampires had got her daughter. 

The end result was a complete bedroom for Willow, with shelves pushed in one corner and her bed the other as well as a matching dresser. Toys spread across the floor from the time spent playing during the day. Charlie was pleased that Willow was starting to become a priority to Bella, but Bella wanted to make a small impact on her daughter's life before she turned into a vampire. 

Charlie had told her the news of Riley's disappearance so Willow wasn't going away anytime soon. She put on a fake smile before she was sent to the daycare in town which Sue would pick her up from until Charlie had finished work, he had done a lot of overtime recently. 

One night Bella went off to the reservation so Edward could hunt. Jacob had brought her along to a council meeting, where she felt unwelcome at first. "Jacob you're finally here," Seth calls running over to the pair.

Jacob reintroduces Seth as the newest member of the pack to Bella as it had been a long time since she had seen him. "Newest and brightest." He says with a large grin. The trio takes a seat on a log in front of a fire that crackled into the night air, Bella looks over to Billy Black to see Willow sitting on Leah Clearwater's lap as Billy begins to tell the legends of the cold ones.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we have always had magic in our blood." He refers to the wolf pack. "This enabled us to scare off our enemies." 

He then explains the story of the spirit wolves and their first interaction with vampires and how killing one partner led to the other coming for revenge. One of the wives sacrificed herself to save her tribe in the end. "Over time, our enemies have disappeared, but one remains." Billy looks at Bella. "The cold ones."

He then looks around the fire at the members of the tribe. "Our magic awakens when they're near, and we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood." Willow looks up at Leah who was lost in thought herself. "Something terrible is coming and we all must be ready, all of us." Billy gives a hard glare at Bella.

After the meeting, Bella is taken back to Cullen's house where she sees Carlise watching television. "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer." The news report is turned off. 

"It's getting worse, we're going to have to do something." Carlise comments. 

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting, quite a few more," Jasper comments before turning to Edward.

"It's newborns," Edward says.

"Someone's creating an army." Carlise pipes in.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asks confused.

Jasper looks at her with a tense stare. "They've been created to fight someone."

Once Bella is dropped off at home Charlie is looking intensely at a missing poster for Riley Biers. He sighs when Bella walks in the door. "Do you think they should give up?" Bell asks her father.

"If that were you, I wouldn't. Ever." He says. "Besides it's Willow's father, she deserves to see him again."