08

Upon arriving home Bella is met with the cold glare of her father, while he holds Willow in his arms. He stares straight at the vampire standing next to his daughter, Willow stares at confusion as this man had yellow eyes, unlike the deary brown eyes she had seen around her in the past six months in his absence.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to show your face here." Charlie raises his voice, noticing that Bella was fighting to keep her own eyes open. She had refused to sleep on the plane encase she would wake up to find that Edward had left her.

Bella clings tighter to her love as Charlie places his granddaughter on the ground watching the exchange between the adults unfold around her in the corridor of Charlie's home. "Get your hands off her!" Charlie demands, rage seething through his teeth. 

"Cut it out, Dad," Bella says, a yawn escaping her lips. "Be mad at me."

Charlie turns to his daughter. "You bet I will be." Bella is placed upstairs in her bed, Charlie waiting for Edward to get out of the house and slam the door behind him. 

"Badman!" Willow says a giggle escapes her lips as Charlie scoops her in his arms. 

Charlie can't help but smile at Willow. "You got that right, when you get a boyfriend I'll be sure to use my shotgun." He warns the infant who just looks at him with a smile on her face. 

Standing on the other side of the door, Edward is slightly amused with Charlie's remark. One thing he had figured out was that Willow was Bella's daughter. Was Edward to judge Bella on a secret she didn't want to share? No. He had left her heartbroken for eight months, she shouldn't have forgiven him for what he had done, so Edward would do the same. 

While Bella voted the outcome of her being turned into a vampire with the Cullen family, Willow was babysat by the Clearwater family while Charlie was off busy working out the Riely Biers case. 

Leah Clearwater wanted to avoid her ex-boyfriend as much as possible and had blocked his number from the repeated calls about a wolf pack meeting so that she could spend time with Willow as she sat on her carpet playing with dolls. That is until Seth opens the door, his shirt off since he had just run from the forest. "We have an important meeting." He reminds his sister.

"Then who's going to take care of Willow?" Leah asks raising an eyebrow at her brother.

Seth sighs. "Sam sent me home to get you to go, I'm the replacement babysitter." 

Leah lets out a laugh. "Fine, make sure you give her some of the snacks that mum made before she left for work," Leah instructs her brother before running into the forest and phasing into her wolf form.

"Babysitting the bloodsucker lovers kid again?" Paul retorts in his mind.

"Shut your face, Paul," Leah argues back.

She gets to the meeting point to see Sam standing there pissed off. "Shut it both of you, Leah I will approve the extra care to cover the Swan house for Charlie and Willow at a distance as the Cullen's are always nearby," Sam instructs. 

"I can't believe they're back," Jacob complains. 

"Why don't you imprint on Willow to get over Bella?" Jared jokes, causing Jacob to growl in his direction.

"Shut up, Jared, Jacob, and Leah take the west flanks and the rest of you follow me," Sam says before dismissing the pack. Howling into the wind they follow instructions, Willow sits in the Clearwater's home and hears the calling, her eyes have a flash of excitement in them as she looks towards the trees surrounding her.