31

Awkwardness fills the small residence for the Swan clan. Willow's mind is swarmed with dreaded thoughts, there was a lot of hope in her memories that it was all a misunderstanding that her mother may have a small ounce of love in her dead heart. 

While Renesmee worries in another corner that she had caused trama for the girl. "Jacob, I think I have really messed up any chance I had at becoming close to my sister." She says as they sit together on the couch.

"Ness, there is no denying Bella regretted having Willow so young. It's just a fact you'll have to get used to, even Rosalie had a hard time understanding why she had such a deep love for you but hatred for your sister." Jacob explains. "I'm sure she just needs time to process everything you showed her."

"If she hated having a child so young, why didn't she abort?" She asks her lover.

Jacob sighs. "Once, she did love Willow's father for a brief moment in history. She was young and believed everything he said, but did catch Riley flirting with another girl while Bella was carrying Willow." Jacob explains. "I remember going to the Swan house and she was pretty messed up about it."

Sue interrupts their conversation. "Bella suffered prenatal depression, it's different for different women. She just happened to have a terrible case of it and could never bond with Willow and getting hurt from the first boy she loved made things worse and she grew to have hatred towards Willow's father but directed it at her daughter."

Renesmee begins to understand the situation more. "How does everyone know this?" She asks.

"We were all there to witness it," Charlie says walking into the conversation. "But since we were family we wanted to keep everyone together, hoping Bella would change but she met Edward."

"Yet no one has explained this to my sister." Charlie looks to the ground.

"We've explained as much as we can, she's just upset over the hate Bella has for her. It's a lot for a teenage girl to process." Charlie says. "Just give her some space."

Days pass and Willow distracts herself from her thoughts with border patrol alongside Seth and Jane, keeping away from the house. Although after a late shift she enters the house to see Renesmee sitting at the table lost in her own thoughts.

"I'm sorry you hate me so much." She whispers into the night air.

"How can I hate someone that bet the odds of coming into this world in the first place?" Willow asks, taking a seat opposite her sister. "This doesn't mean I want to be best friends, but I suppose I can relate to you since we weren't meant to exist in the first place."

Renesmee has a look of hurt on her face. "I know we were never planned, but to the extent, we shouldn't exist, that is a bit harsh." She has a deep breath. "I never stopped thinking about you as my sister."

They sit for few moments in silence, the others out on patrol in the cool night air. "So Jake never talks about his upbringing, yet you practically grew up on his reservation. What was it like?" She asks her sister, whose face has lit up with the memory of home.

"It felt like home, the werewolf pack looked out for each other and treated everyone like brothers and sisters. They even accepted me in a time when Bella decided to go back to the vampire clan, hurting them in a way." Willow explains and goes on to recall early memories she remembered before she was turned into a hybrid.

The conversation flows into the upbringing of Renesmee. "It was never perfect, to begin with, being raised by teenagers essentially. Although I never do understand why they keep repeating high school." She admits which makes her sister laugh.

"That just sounds terrible, like why not search for a cure for cancer to fill their time rather than be bored around mindless teenagers all day?" Willow asks with sarcasm.

"I straight-up refused to attend the same high school as my parents. That's just embarrassing to call them your siblings." Renesmee utters, cringing at the mention of the idea her family had. "Going through it once was hard enough, I didn't want to repeat it."

"Maybe it's their weird form of family bonding," Willow suggests which makes Renesmee chuckle with laughter.

"Family is a weird thing," Renesmee says in a quiet voice.

"You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. Unless they're toxic and cause trouble, then escape that drama. That's what Charlie taught me." Willow says.

Charlie was a wise man, always knew what to say. Compared to vampires who resorted to violence he wanted to keep things civil to stop a fight from breaking out. Perhaps that was due to the nature of his job as the Chief of police in Forks.

In the small moment, under a single dim light. There was a moment of a bond, between two sisters who are linked by their mother. She still caused drama, no matter the distance she puts between them.