26

Sitting at a wooden table, Willow sits bored as she watches the dust fly about the hair from the sunshine beaming through the window. A frustrated Charlie Swan sits across from her, holding his head in his hand, not wanting to believe the words told before him.

"Charlie, it's alright," Sue assures her husband by placing her hand on his shoulder for support. The love she held in her eyes, were kind and passionate. Something that Willow was yet to experience, everyone around her had a partner. All except for Seth, he remained the protector of their blended family.

"From what the girls have told me, we have become an enemy to my own daughter." Charlie sighs with frustration. "Why was she hunted by the Volturi?"

Jane steps into the small kitchen, that was never used by used for appearances to the outside eye. "She killed a fellow...friend of mine years ago. A high ranking guard among the Volturi, a crime punishable by death." Jane explains.

"She hid this secret from me for so long, if I had known I would've sent back to her mother all those years ago," Charlie remembers the depression she hit when Edward had left her behind in the forest that night. She clung to Jacob for support only to fall back under Edward Cullen's spell and run off to become a vampire herself.

Standing beside the small blonde Seth enters the room. "There is no sight of any vampire in the area." Seth nods towards Charlie, something that relaxed him a small fraction. "I don't think they were followed since they left Forks."

"Good." Charlie replies.

Since the interaction with Bella Cullen, Willow returned to her family's new residence in New Zealand. A country known for being peaceful and majestic with the surrounding sites. They chose a place within the West Coast, an unforgotten part of the country which sees more rain than shine and too far from civilization to bother many humans.

Leah and Fred had their own house, a few streets away from Charlie and Sue. Willow chose to stay with her grandfather, Seth and Jane joining them in the wooden house.

"I'm going to go for a walk." Willow announces getting out of her seat before walking towards the backdoor. Their house backed on to a national park, similar to Forks where Charlie's house backed on to the vast forest. 

Not wanting to pry himself into her business, Charlie doesn't send Seth or Jane to follow her. She was safe and she knew how to protect herself. Being raised by supernatural creatures did have its perks.

Stepping into the fresh air, she can feel the fog settle around her as she enters the reserve. Trees cloud over her as she follows the direction of the small creek. She wanted to put some distance between herself and her family.

She never did get to have that final moment to say goodbye to the place her father was killed, the threat by her mother scared her. 

Some moments she thought, if only her father never went off to university. Perhaps she would still have a normal human life to grow old in that small town. Even when her mother abandoned her all those years ago. 

Interuptting her thoughts, she hears footeps coming towards her from behind. She turns around, her hair flipping over her shoulder in the process. This only makes the intruder step back with a fright.

"My, my what a beauty we have here." A boy with a thick British accent remarks. Willow rolls her eyes with the greeting.

She notices the boy had blood red eyes, much like Jane and clothing that didn't suit the current modern age. Vampire. "I see you missed a spot." Willow says, her eyes trained on the blood stain on his white cover shirt.

The boy just smirks, brushing off the comment with a sly laugh. "Well we're not always the most neat eaters." He says. "But what exactly are you?"

"Who's asking?" Willow asks, wanting to escape the dangerous vampire. 

"You're a funny creature aren't you?" He says, stepping slowly around the young girl. "You smell of human origin, yet you radiate feral dog odor and vampire."

"Hybrid is the word you're looking for." Willow says in a sarcastic tone. 

"My name is William." He extends his pale arm out.

"Willow." She replies. "I would shake your hand but I'd much rather drain the venom out of your veins." 

That statement both fears the young man yet amuses him. "It's was nice to meet you dear." He says before disappearing into the wind.

Only to be met with Seth and Jane by her side. Before Jane can speak Willow says. "I'm fine, only a vampire. Didn't know who I was."

Seth just nods in his wolf form, deep in thought.