part fifty-one

emilia hayden

slowly opening my eyes, i looked around my room realising i had woken up. but without my alarm sounding off. which is very unusual for me, but as i checked my phone i found it to only be half past eight meaning i still had plenty of time until we had to go back out again. i must have tired myself out with all the shouting and dancing i did yesterday.
considering i cannot even remember the bus home, i'm surprised a hangover it's lurking around my body. if anything i feel as fresh as i would on a normal day.

even though i had a good time yesterday, i knew something was wrong with harry, ever since 'more than you know' ended he seemed really down. and on top of that, in the massive crowd we were in he decides to try fight his way out of it just for a drink? nah, not having it.

as i rummaged through my head trying to think of reasons he could feel down, especially at a festival, my door slowly opened. a ruffled up looking harry walks in, a slight smile appears on his face once he sees i'm also awake.

"morning" he mumbles, lifting the cover on the empty side of the bed and crashing down into it

"good morning, how you feeling" i ask him, turning around so i was facing him

"just a little headache, i wasn't too bad last night" he told me

"did you enjoy it at least" i asked, secretly trying to figure out what was wrong with him without actually asking

"yeah, it was great but wasn't feeling it" he explained, playing with the fingers of right hand

"how" i pondered.
he hesitated, as if he was contemplating on what to tell me.

"don't know, but i'm looking forward to today. feel like it will be better you know" he spoke as he rolled his body on to mine

"yeah" i replied, not too sure what else to say

we sat in silence from then on, harry starting to slowly drift back to sleep while i stroked the side of his head, running the short hair through my fingers as i felt his chest rise up and down against mine.

-

just like the day before, we all spill off of the bus, but unlike yesterday we are all somewhat sober with few just on the verge of being tipsy.
i ended up sitting next to mia today as well, literally on the other end of the bus from harry. i feel like most people and their partners did the same, deciding to spend some time with friends as well as their significant other.
as i got off of the bus, an arm wrapped around the top of my shoulders, stopping me from walking any further.

"what?" i mused, reaching my hands up to his wrist

"can i not say hello?" harry derided, whipping his arms off of me as i turned around

"so dramatic" i jokingly rolled my eyes, leaning my body into his

"you look nice today, i like they trousers" harry pointed at my bottoms

i was wearing a black strappy top with some burnt orange cargo pants, again, not very out there but have to make do with whatever i could find in my wardrobe.

"thanks, i like your white tshirt" i sarcastically commented him, knowing he wore the same things yesterday.

"little cow" he muttered, ruffling the top of my head leaving my hair in a mess

"cunt" i replied, trying to fix my ruined hair.

as we all started making our way in, once again i was by harrys side and just like before, callux had his camera out. we were walking in front of everyone, not wanting to draw attention to the big group we were in.