part fifty-six: the end

Emilia Hayden's pov

as the night went on, the more that people showed up, the louder the music was being played, the more drinks that were getting passed about and downed, the more the mood had heightened knowing we were all celebrating a big milestone for our friends. all being together. there was no hatred, no beef, no awkwardness, just all love in the house.

the music had died down at the ending on the previous song, mostly everyone crowded around each other in this one room. us all ready waiting for the next song to take ahold of the energy of the room and our bodies.
then once the very first sound of the next song started playing, the whole room was sent into hysterics - going even harder than the song before, before the song had even properly began.

everyone was jumping up and down, us all being very synchronised to the beat of 'Lamborghini' by ksi, singing and shouting our absolute hearts out to the oh so familiar song that everyone loved.

as the song progressed, jj was pushed in to the middle of the room. phones being brought out and videoing him while he danced and shouted the lyrics to his song with the people around him mirroring his actions. the mood being so high, nobody and nothing could bring it back down.

-

as the night progressed, it just kept getting better and better. people were doing body shots off one another, some people even jumped in the pool, the sidemen diss tracks were being played and laughed at, and at some point freya gave talia a lap dance - nice.

but as every hour passed, i was still not sure what this big surprise was. all of the big things the group had planned seemed to have happened by now since the excitement around all of them sort of died off.
even asking around to get some sort of hint lead me to a dead end, no one knew. some people not even having a clue what i was going on about.

as i was dancing in the living room with a group of people, i saw harry leave the room by himself but since i've been with him all night i just let him go to go do what he wants for a little bit. since we are two separate people.

-

after about an hour, hour and a half, i hadn't seen or heard anything from harry.
after searching around of a little while, i realised he was no where to be seen amongst the crowds. even me asking each of his friends if they have any idea of where he could be, didn't give me any information on his whereabouts.

but as i was passing a random door which led outside, something caught my eye through the glass.
a shadow of a man sitting down alone on the steps just staring up into the sky. since it was so dark i could barely see their clothes, or anything about them, just the outline of their shadow.
i decided that it should be harry, since i've looked everywhere else - this was the only possible explanation to where he has been the whole time.

keeping my eyes of the figure, i opened the door just ever so slightly so it wouldn't slam into his back. and as the mystery person turned around, the light i let out from the inside lit up his face - showing that it was indeed harry.

"what are you doing out here by yourself" i asked and he shuffled forward to let me fully open the door and be  outside with him.
he didn't respond to my question, only turning back around which i just brushed off and closed the door behind me before i sat down next to him.

i looked at him for a few seconds as he was still gazing up at the night sky, like he was taking it all in - in his drunk state.
the muffled noise coming from the house was filling the awkward silence, i couldn't hear anything other than it.

"you okay?" i ask in hope he will answer me this time.

he takes a swig of his beer before turning his head in my direction.

"of course, are you?" he asked me, a smile lacing up his face.
i nod my head, before turning back to look at the garden.

"it's just nice to get away from the craziness for a little while, isn't it" he spoke.

"it is nice" i smile, seeing harry move slightly closer to me in my peripheral vision.
i hear him take a deep breath and placing his beer bottle down on the ground.

"i love you emilia" he randomly let out.

the shock of the sentence makes me turn to him very quickly, eyes wide and my face turning slightly red. as a smile starts taking up harry's face.

"i love you too harry" i smile back.

he chuckles quietly before placing a kiss on my cheek, only making my face redden even more.

"isn't it mad, that even after all of the shit we have been through we are good now" harry lightly laughs as he fidgets with his shoes.

"i'd say it's great now, wouldn't you" i reply, looking into his eyes which were reflecting off of the moon.

"yeah, that's probably a better word for it" he nods his head and turns away.

"i'm happy we worked out" he told me before i could say something else, his drunk soppy side really coming out at this point.

"i am glad we did as well and i am so happy to be here, even after everything but especially to be beside you"

-the end.