Day 5

Early in the morning I find Armin sitting in Yelena's library. "Ready for your date with Yelena Y/N?" Armin asks. I stand there shocked and stumble over my words as I say, "A-a date?" 

Armin laughs at my expression and shakes his head. "You don't notice the way she looks at you?" Armin asks. I shake my head in disbelief and Yelena walks in. "Hey Y/N, You ready to head out?" Yelena asks. 

I stand there staring at her then turn and run away to my room. I hear Yelena call after me but I don't stop. I can't go on a date with her, if that's what this is...I mean I like her but I'm Supposed to be getting information from her, that's it. 

I shut the door behind me and flop onto my bed with a sigh. I should apologize to her and explain that both Armin and I should be with her at all times. I shouldn't let my feelings get into this assignment The commander gave me. 

I'm professional right? I don't know anymore....

I hear a knock on my door and groan...I hope it isn't Yelena right now because I won't be able to resist her. I open it to find a worried looking Armin. "Hey I didn't mean to scare you with the whole date talk," He says. "No it's fine, I just need some time to think," I say and give him my best smile I can muster. Armin nods, not looking very convinced and leaves. 

I fall asleep as soon as he leaves and when I wake up it's night.

I feel hungry, I should probably eat something. I walk down the hall and to the cafeteria kitchen, where I find a baked potato. I try to be as quiet on my way back to my room but notice a light coming from Yelena's library. A book wouldn't hurt to read so I walk towards it. As I get closer to the door, I hear soft music.

I open the door to find Yelena is sitting alone in the room with violin in hand. She is playing what sounds like a slow romantic song and I stand there listening to it. She stops and looks at me with a smile. 

"Hey Y/N," She says softly. She looks tired and sad maybe? "Are you ok Yelena, I'm sorry I ran," I say and look down. She stands and walks towards me and lifts my chin with her finger. "There is nothing to be sorry for," She whispers. 

Her face is less than two inches from mine and I stand there looking into her eyes for a moment. I lean in a little and she pulls back a little. "You should probably get some rest," She says and goes to sit back down. 

I turn her around and look back into her eyes. She leans in this time and kisses me softly.