Extra #5: Future Plans

(A/N: Uhh... I have no excuse for not updating other than the fact that I've been on a Genshin Impact high and have been playing six hours daily... Sorry not sorry. And because of anxiety, I'm currently running on one hour of sleep while writing this. WOOOO.)

     After conversing more with Team 10, she could feel that Ino's and Chouji's suspicions toward her were wavering. Hopefully, by now, they convinced themselves that it was just a coincidence. They seemed less tense after the waitress came with some drinks and raw meat.

     Sakura could feel herself relax into the light conversation of Kaminari deciding to work under Ino. However, there was no way that Shikamaru didn't notice Denki's guilty glances at her.

     "I never imagined that he would walk right up to me and ask for a job, " Ino admitted, "I had to ask him twice just to make sure... and to think that it was all for impressing his wife."

     Glancing away from the Yamanaka's coy smile, she coughed into her hand with a slight blush, "He's a very devoted husband. Although we already married, he's still chasing me like in school."

     "Oh?" Ino's eyebrows shot up. "Now I have to know."

     Sakura laughed a bit when she noticed Kaminari's embarrassed expression. "We can't exactly bore everyone else with girl talk, can we?"

     The blonde female pouted, resting her chin in her hand. "Fine, but I'd like to hear about it later when the men are gone."

      "Of course, I'll share, but only if Denki is okay with it. He's a bit of an airhead, but we wouldn't want that to affect his work."

     The rest of the chat was rather enjoyable as they each took turns grilling the raw meat on the table. Sakura had even itched a couple of times to order some sake to drink, but she didn't want to slip up. 

     Choji, Shikamaru, and Kaminari all seemed to be talking about their kids. Their conversation was flowing rather nicely, even though the lazy Nara only added input when he needed to.

      Standing up from her chair, she smiled slightly, "Sorry, I have to go out for a smoke."

     Ino's head tilted in surprise. "You smoke? You don't really seem like the type."

     "Actually, I don't smoke often, but I sometimes get that urge. I'll just take time for one."

     Shikamaru then stood up, his chair making a loud noise when it scraped against the floor. She could tell that he had caught on to what she wanted. "I'll join you for one too. Temari's been complaining a bit lately, so might as well use excuses when I can."

     Sakura could tell that he genuinely meant it with the exasperated and tired look on his face.

     When they were outside, Shikamaru leaned against the wall of the building, flicking his lighter against the end of a cigarette.

     "You'll get cancer from those, " she lightly scolded him in a joking manner.

     "I get it from my wife, now from you, " he sighed deeply, "what a drag."

     Moving to stand next to him, Sakura found solace with her back on the wall, hands behind her back, and eyes staring up at the night sky. "Could you not tell them?"

     After asking that question, a silence had swept over them.

     "Is that what you want?"

     She turned to look at him, finding that his eyes also stared at the vast void of stars in front of them. "It's cruel for people who have already moved on with their lives... Isn't it?"

     "... It is, " he admitted, "But there are also people here that would do anything to see you again if given the chance. Now that there are no repercussions for them... Well, everything is your choice, Sakura."

     She smiled wistfully and agreed, "Mmn, it is."

     "Are you going to go back?"

     "I'm going to, " she declared confidently, "but it might take a while. I never really researched interdimensional travel before."

     Puffing out a cloud of smoke, Shikamaru sighed, "Troublesome... but just so you know, you can ask us for help when you need it."

     "Mmn, thanks."

     After picking up two familiar chakra signatures, she noticed her two children running toward her with chakra-enhanced speed. The pinkette couldn't but shake her head. It had happened on occasion where the kids would try to join them on their secret outings.

     Still dressed in their pajamas, Himari froze and gasped loudly, "Mom, are you cheating on dad?"

    Kei quickly pinched his sister in the side because of her tactless comment, "Himari, he's obviously the father of a classmate. Don't you remember Shikadai?"

      Her eyes lit up as she connected the two. "Oh, so you're his father from the... errr... Nara clan! The literal definition of 'work smarter, not harder!' " 

     Shikamaru's expression was between amusement and exhaustion. "Well, I see that they're energetic. Reminds me of someone back in their youth."

    Sakura's eyes narrowed because of the hidden meaning behind his words and huffed, "I'm sure that you know that it was an act. As if I would like Sasuke."

     Himari nodded in agreement, "Uh-huh! Mom is too good for that bastard. As far as I'm concerned, no one is good enough for her. Dad is just the bare minimum, but I truly wouldn't have chosen him."

     Sighing, Sakura knelt down and pinched her daughter's cheek lightly. "It seems that I spoiled you too much. One day, when you find your partner, you'll find things that you'll start to like things you haven't before."

     Himari pouted slightly at being scolded.

     "Sakura, are you doing okay?" Denki's voice called from the restaurant's doorway, "There was a bit of noise coming from here."

      "It's just the kids, " she replied before pushing them toward her husband, "They're probably hungry. Get a separate table for them to eat at."

     As soon as food was mentioned, she heard two grumbling stomach.

     "Thank you, Mom, " Kei mumbled, "Sorry for interrupting you."

     Kaminari sheepishly took the children inside. With the chaos settling, Shikamaru stamped out his cigarette bud and suddenly commented, "When they said you were still alive, I never imagined that you would be back with kids and a husband. I guess when you see the dead body, it seems like a dream."

    "I can see how it is crazy. That's why I need to go back. I've died here, so I no longer belong."

     "If there's any that can help you, S-"

     Her tone grew colder without her realizing it. "Yes, Sasuke Uchiha. I understand that he can travel through dimensions with his Sharingan."

     "Yeah, the Kyuubi did say that you could see visions as a power... You could ask Naruto? The way to get there back safely would most likely be done through him, just like the first time."

     Sakura shook her head. "I can't burden Naruto with that. He already has enough work as Hokage now and a problem child. Things are going to get harder from here on out..."

     "Did you see something?"

     "Mmn... I did. I recommend that you ramp up the academy's practices. The future depends on them."

     "I guess you're not going to go into depth."

      "If I could, I would, but even I'm not omnipotent. I don't understand a part of it myself. Just... beware relatives to Kaguya."

     "Got it, " Shikamaru noted mentally, "... How about we go back? Choji is probably eating up everything while we speak."

     "Mmn, let's go."