Chakra

"You talked about where you grew up during that interview. I know you developed a lot of your skills there, including your fighting skills... But where is it exactly?"

     Sakura chuckled slightly, "You may not believe me, but it exists in an alternate world... Somewhere that's far beyond my reach. I was also the first person in the world to develop a quirk there."

     "Another... World?"

     "I was born into a civilian family and raised to be a shinobi. Deadly. Lethal. We all honed our skills to essentially kill."

     "You have killed before."

     He didn't even need the answer but looked into her eyes instead. For an instant they were cold, emotionless and devoid of any light. "Yes, I have."

     There was a certain edge to her voice that sent chills down his spine. There was no regret, sorrow, or guilt laced into it. It just felt numb... As if she wouldn't care to murder once more. 

     "But that was the society back in my world. This one doesn't make killing lightly so I haven't since I got here. I don't really plan on it either."

     He pondered on it for a moment, not knowing what to take in consideration. Growing up in this society, killing was looked down upon and punishable by law. However, in her old one, killing was needed to survive. The mark of death was painted upon backs as soon as they made something of themselves.

     "That's not all either, " she murmured, "Everyone is born with chakra, a power that allows them to go against the regular laws of nature. However, some people are born with little to none while others have great amounts. It can allow me from things to creating earth walls or even heal incurable diseases."

      "That's... Incredible."

     The amount of flexibility felt endless with her ability that was widespread back in her world. Although the world part still did feel sketchy, it helped explain for other things.

     "You know, the technology advancements here have been so fascinating that I've actually made a prototype that creates something in your body that will allow you to use chakra. I haven't tested on humans yet, only rats, but it's a step in the right direction."

     Hitoshi could hear what she implied based on the way she phrased it. Sakura wanted him to try her creation. "No, absolutely not."

     "But you will, " she insisted, "It is fate. I saw you use it, and that's why I developed this. If you don't take it, people will die."

     Careful, she did not dare to mention that the future she saw could not be changed. If it were possible, she would see it happen, but it wasn't. "Don't worry, I'm an experienced medic. Even if it's supposed to cause excruciating pain, you won't feel it. Chakra does work it's wonders."

     He considered it for one more second before giving up, "Alright."

     "I'll also put you to sleep so you don't get too bored during the procedure. You'll wake up when it's all over."

      They went to the bottom level of her condo and opened a surprisingly normal door. The inside seemed as though he was walking into a high-tech chemistry lab. "How can you use all of this?"

     "Easy, I'm smart and don't sleep."

     "You don't look like it."

     "You'll find out what soldier pills are soon then..."

     She pointed to the cot in the room and he laid down on his. His heart thrummed nervously as he tried to stay still. He didn't really know why he trusted her but he did, whether it be for better or worse.