Revelations

"- I don't want to die."

     Izuku's eyes widened at what she said but didn't know what to do when her eyes suddenly fluttered open. He fumbled over his words and ended up using his eyes to signal what was happening.

     Her emerald eyes looked at her white-knuckled hand before she let go, murmuring, "Sorry."

     He went up to the front of the class, a bit shaken by what had happened. Sakura was trying to wipe her tears away without people noticing, but he definitely saw her.

     "My hero name will be Deku, " he declared proudly.

     For the moment that no one was paying attention to her, Sakura slipped out the door and left the classroom. Her next destination was what had been her initial one.

     The moment that she slammed the doors open, she realized that two cups of two had been set out, still steaming. "Thanks for thinking ahead, Principal."

      "Even if I don't act like it, I'm still your guardian in name."

     "Mmn."

     In seconds she gulped down the hot tea, not caring for the fact that it might have scalded her mouth. "Another?"

     He then poured her another cup before setting down the pot. "What's bothering you that you left Class 1-A?"

     Sakura's heart thumped loudly in her chest and she could feel the tears starting to build up again. Right now she was emotionally vulnerable and unstable, most likely the weakest she had been at since arriving. "I saw..."

     She didn't want to finish it, whether or not she just didn't want to believe what she had seen was up to her own mind. However, all she could see was Hitoshi's pain-struck face, and her heart began to break. "I saw how I am going to die."

     The teacup rattled precariously on its saucer as her body could no longer keep the tremors quiet. Setting the cup down, she decided to grip the arms of the chair she was sitting in. "Principal Nezu, I really, really don't want to die."

     She let out a sob and tried to control herself as much as possible. After coming this far, there was no point in breaking down. "I just hoped that I'd be free after all this time... Why is my power such a curse? All I ever wanted was a life where I could make decisions without thinking about the future. Is that so hard?"

      "Then try to change it, " he stated blatantly.

     "But it doesn't work, " she murmured hesitantly, thinking back to show Hitoshi scolded her for not trying. The pinkette always hated to be a nuisance to those dear to her.

     "Why don't you at least try?" he suggested, "Find a loophole in your quirk's weakness and make it a strength. After all, I'm the principal that teaches students on how to become heroes... Speaking of heroes, I must say that your skills are astounding. Did you learn them back at your other world?"

     That was right, she had mentioned being a world-jumper to escape telling Naomasa her quirk. Even so, nothing could get past the genius rat sitting before her.

     "Mmn, that's right."

     "Thinking about it, how exactly did a young female like you develop those skills? What was your occupation?"

     "I had a lot of different jobs, " she pondered, "Nurse, doctor, surgeon, mercenary, guard, secretary, infiltrator, scouter, and assassin. All comes with being a ninja."

     "Is it all that common back in your world?"

     "Mmn, you can't find a single village without a shinobi or ex-shinobi. They're practically everywhere. Oh, and before you ask, I have killed people, but I haven't since I arrived here."

     "What made you think I was going to ask that?"

     She shrugged her shoulders. "Just an educated guess."

    Finally relaxing, she was able to pick her teacup up without shaking too much. "Still, I'm surprised that you didn't call me out."

     "I sensed it had something to do with something you foresaw."

    She nodded. "Well, your intuition was correct."

     Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she looked at who the caller I.D. was. "That stupid CEO! He knows that I'm at school!"

     She clicked her phone off and ignored it, even after he called back again. Sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair. "Sometimes I wishes that I didn't have a job..."

     The doors suddenly swung open with a large thud and Sakura didn't even turn her head. She already knew that it was her teacher, probably freaking out by the fact that she had left without him knowing.

     "One of my students-"

     He stopped suddenly when his eyes settled upon the pink haired girl casually sitting in his office. Ectoplasm also noticed her tear-stained cheeks. "Am I interrupting?"

     "No, " the principal stated, "We were just finishing up. Sakura, why don't you head back to your class?"

     "No, " she whined, "That class is absolutely boring. It's too easy."

     "Really?" he asked, "They taught you back in your old school?"

     Nezu obviously was alluding to her old world. In turn, she scoffed loudly, "I mastered those kind of problems for as long as I can remember."

      "I see that we'll actually have you take a placement test. Do you see yourself taking it?"

     He wanted to know if she saw anything about her taking any test or any clues against it. As far as she knew, there were none. Most of the things she saw weren't all that self-centered anyways. However, most of the things she focused on were.

     "I don't mind, but I still want classes with Hitoshi."

     "I can work something out, " he informed her, "I'll tell your agency about this development and schedule a day and time on which you can take it."

     Sakura's lips quirked up into a smile, much without her own volition. "... Thanks."

     "It's my pleasure, Sakura."

     She walked on out with her teacher, a new skip to her beat. Even though she was trying to keep in her emotions in check, the smile that was stretched upon her face wouldn't recede.