The Boss

"So, what do you want from me?" Sakura smiled knowingly, not letting him answer her question.

     "You're self-aware, " he smirked, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

     "From my previous occupation that's barely anything."

     "And what is that?"

     "Well, let's just say I'm someone they would call a renaissance man way back when."

     Of course this was all just small-talk, poking and prodding at each other to test the waters. Sakura didn't really care since she knew how to be vague with her answers but also tell the truth.

     "You know, " he commented, "the name Tsunade doesn't fit you well."

     "Too bad it isn't my name, " she laughed, emerald eyes narrowing at him.

     It was just the start of trust. By being honest with one another would they be able to form a stable relationship as customer and dealer later on.

     Finally, he moved on to what he really wanted from her. "Can you cure cancer?"

     "I can, " she answered without a second thought, "But what do I get out of this?"

     "You want a choice? You're asking for a reward?"

     "I did come here without any hassle, after all."

     "Boss!" the person that brought her there exclaimed, "You don't have to-"

     Suddenly he collapsed to the group, everything in his right leg numb. Sakura stood next to him, placing a foot on his back and pushing him to the ground. "So, your brain and body can't process as fast as your quirk, so that means that you lock onto a location to go there automatically, right?"

     The man under her foot let out a groan of pain but didn't answer her.

     "I would prefer it if you don't kill him, " the boss noted.

    Retracting her chakra scalpels, she went to the section that she sliced, clearly showing that it hadn't broke the skin. "I only sliced his muscles and nerves in his leg. I'll heal it up just because I'm nice... Though next time I'm not going to heal it."

     It was a warning to not take advantage of her.

     "We have information from all around world, so take your pick, Miss Alias."

     Sakura smirked at her own new nickname. She didn't want to leave him out either.

     She began to work on the leg she had just wounded, attaching what she had easily severed back together. "Hmm... Then I'll only request three things, which aren't too big. The first and most important one is information about the League of Villains, including any updates that you get on them."

     "I've already placed a couple of spies with them. You can come around later on for any new info... What's the other two?"

     "I want us to continue to have a mutual arrangement in exchanging info for work. If you need, I can tie any loose ends that come up."

     "I'll keep that in mind, " he murmured with a glint in his eyes, something close to delight.

     "Last, but not least, I want to have my own, personal nickname for you of my choosing... And no one else can use it."

     "... A nickname, Miss Alias?"

     "Mmn, Sterling, like your eyes."

     Sakura's phone suddenly rang in her pocket, ruining the vibe that she had so carefully set. After being so meticulous about showing her 'affection' for Sasuke, couldn't a real crush of hers finally go through?

     Looking at the I.D. of the caller, she knew that she had to take it. "... Give me a second, I have to take this."

     Answering the call, she immediately said, "Don't address me by my name. I'm with someone right now."

     Hitoshi paused briefly, "... Are you doing something dangerous?"

     "That someone is the literal definition of dangerous for my eyes, heart, and aliases."

     "... I thought you only had one other alias."

     "I made one up the other day, was in a bit of a pinch... So what did you call me about?"

     "Just wanted to know how the first day has gone."

     "Quite boring. I ditched ten minutes into meeting him."

     "Are you sure you're fine to talk now?"

     "Mmn, this is all nonsensical stuff to him. How about you?"

    "He's great... I've been learning a lot... Oh, he's calling for me. I have to go, bye."

    Then Hitoshi hung up on her, which never happened to be the case before. The thing was, Sakura always enjoyed to hang up on other people. It was just a tiny, insignificant display of power, but her ego thrived heavily on it.

     "So, where were we, Sterling, " she fake-grinned, a bit ticked off, "Who's my patient going to be?"

     "My brother, " he answered coolly, any ounce of emotion in his eyes disappearing.

     By his change of tone, she could tell that this was a serious matter to him and that he cared about his brother dearly... And to have that person diagnosed with something labelled 'incurable' by society. It must have hit him hard.

     "Let's get to it, shall we?"

     They turned to Sterling's subordinate who had been quietly awaiting orders after he had been healed. Their ride learned his lesson for sure. 

     Travelling with a much clearer mind, Sakura was able to confirm that they were using air. What fascinated her more was the fact that they had transformed into air particles, moving through spaces that were normally inaccessible.

     When they arrived, the air boy was about to pass out from using his quirk. Two other people seemed to be his max.

     Inside the room, a V.I.P. one nonetheless, laid a young male that would be a looker if he wasn't battling cancer at the moment. Checking his vitals, Sakura clucked her tongue, realizing how much chakra she'd need. The non-complete diamond seal might have been needed to be set back once more.

     It was in the brain, the most complex organ in the body. She had been prepared to deal with the worst, so she was glad to have packed all her things up in the meantime.

     Pulling out a couple emergency scrolls, she slapped a prepared seal onto herself so her transformation wouldn't be undone. Then she pulled soldier pills out, opening the jar that had been newly modified and tested. 

     "I can save him for sure, " she stated, pulling out medical supplies also from a scroll, "But I need you two to trust me no matter what."

     "Okay."

     "First, we need to put him under anesthesia. I can't have him wake up in the middle of the operation. Second, you two will be the only ones to help me. Third, I need a bucket half-filled with water with a numbing agent in it. After I get all those things, I'll be able to start my work."

     "Alright, we'll get them for you."