Chapter Seven: Detention in the Woods, and Plans to Protect the Stone

Timeskip Y/N POV

"So you mean to tell me that Hagrid had a dragon, wish I saw that by the way, said that there are defense mechanisms guarding the stone, and that you all got caught out of bed after hours by Draco telling Professor McGonagall and he landed up in detention too?" I said just summarizing what Harry, Ron and Hermione just told me about what happened last night.

"You forgot that we cost Gryffindor 150 points too," Ron said and we just glared at him. It was the day after and during lunch they told me what happened last night. I had to act surprised that there are defences that are guarding the stone, since Snape told me a while ago. Speaking of Snape, they still believe that he is the one that is trying to get it, but I kept quiet and just silently agreed with them. It was not a mail day, but there was an owl that dropped off Harry's, Ron's, Hermione's, and Draco's detention forms, but there was one for me from Professor McGonagall asking me to stop by her office during study hall, after Professor Dumbledore saw how I was doing with my training, to tell me something.

"Why did you get a letter? You didn't do anything," Hermione asked.

"I don't know, but I'm sure everything is ok." So after a few classes I had my training period with Professor Dumbledore and he was impressed, which is not an easy feat to accomplish. He gave me some more inspiring words and to keep on learning my craft, to which I thanked him. Before he left I had to ask this question, "Professor? Before you go can I ask you a question?"

"Professor McGongall told me at the start of the year that she was my dad's adoptive mother, hence my grandmother

"Professor McGongall told me at the start of the year that she was my dad's adoptive mother, hence my grandmother. So, I was wondering if that made you my grandfather?"

"I wanted to talk to you about this for some time Y/N. I am your grandfather," he said in a very sincere way, "you know, everyone should know where they come from. You don't have to be afraid to ask about your heritage."

"I know, I just don't want dad to have to remember mom and be depressed because of it. I really don't like him being that way."

"I understand. In time you will know who you are. Now before I go Professor Snape has told me good things about your Legilimens training, very few people at your age find that they have this ability and are able to control it. I really hate to cut this short, but I do have my duties to attend to and I believe that Professor McGongall wanted to talk to you. My door is always open if you would like to talk. Have a good day Y/N."

"You too Professor," I said and he then left. Well, at least I know that now. I then made my way through the halls towards Grandma's office. The door was slightly open, so I peaked my head in and knocked. "Grandma. You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Yes I did, please sit." I did as I was asked but I was a little worried. I guess that Grandma could tell because she then said, "you don't have to worry. You didn't do anything wrong. I wanted to ask would much do you know about what happened with your friends last night?"