Chapter Fifty-eight: Breaching the Ministry

Y/N POV

Dung had told us about Umbridge and we had set a plan to get into the Ministry. Kreacher had also become nice to us, which was welcomed. Hermione, Jess, and I were working on Polyjuice potion that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would use, since we didn't have enough for all six of us. Ginny, Jess, and I were going to use some janitors that we could knockout and then borrow their clothes to blend in. While Harry, Ron, and Hermione were going to get the Horcrux, Jess, Ginny, and I were going to go to an office to get any information that we could. Hermione was reading the book that Dumbledore left her in his will as Ron was flicking the Deluminator, putting the lights out then on again, while Jess was playing with Barry, who Willow had gone to get a couple of days ago since Mom and Dad wrote saying that it would be a good time to do so.

"Will you stop it!" Hermione said.

"Sorry, sorry! I don't know I'm doing it!" Ron said.

"Well, can't you find something useful to occupy yourself?"

"What, like reading kid's stories?"

"Dumbledore left me this book ,Ron -" Hermione said, but was cut off.

"-And he left me the Deluminator, maybe I'm supposed to use it!" Ron said.

"Ron, here," I said, tossing him the playing cards. "Play solitaire or something. You doing that every second is starting to give me a headache." I was trying to be calm, since it would be no use if we all started arguing with one another.

We then heard a tap on the door and we looked at it with their wands, and I summoned my sword. We heard the Moody voice ask if it was Snape, but a different voice answered. "It was not I who killed you, Albus," it said. Just like for us, the figure rose and exploded as Harry ran to the door.

"Don't move!" He yelled.

"Hold your fire, it's me, Remus!"

"Oh thank goodness!" Hermione said, as she lowered her wand. Ron, Jess, and Ginny did the same, but Harry and I held our guard.

"Show yourself!" Harry said, as Lupin walked inside with his hands up.

"I am Remus John Lupin, werewolf. Sometimes known as Moony, one of the six creators of the Marauder's Map, married to Nymhadora, usually known as Tonks, Uncle to Y/N and Jess L/N and I taught you who to produce a patronus, Harry, which takes the form of a stag. During bad nights of my transformation, Y/N, you would use the lullaby technique that your father and you found to work," he said, proving that it was him.

"Oh all right," Harry said, as he lowered his wand and I my sword.

"We had to make sure it was really you," I said.

"Speaking as your ex-Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, I quite agree that you had to check. Ron, Hermione, Jess, and Ginny you shouldn't be quite so quick to lower your defenses," he said, as I noticed that she was wearing a cloak. "No signs of Severus, then?"

""No. What's going on?" Harry asked.

"Is everyone okay?" Ginny asked.

"Mom and Dad?" I added.

"Yes, but we're all being watched. There are a couple of Death Eaters in the square outside. I had to Apparate very precisely onto the top step outside the front door to be sure that they would not see me. They can't know you're in here or I'm sure they'd have more people out there. They're staking out everywhere that's got any connection with you, Harry. Let's go downstairs, there's a lot to tell you and I want to know what happened after you left the Burrow," Remus said, as we went into the kitchen where we sat down and Remus pulled some Butterbeers from his cloak. "I'd have been here three days ago but I needed to shake off the Death Eaters tailing me. So, you came straight here after the wedding?"