Chapter Twenty-three: Visions of the future

Y/N POV

After the whole situation with Scabbers, Ron didn't speak to Hermione or me. And we didn't talk to him. I tried at first, but soon found that I was pointless. We only talked to Jess, Harry, Ginny, and our other friends. Ron stopped coming to the study sessions as well. Harry was staying neutral in the whole thing, but he was with Ron since he didn't want him to be alone which was fine with us. Somehow he was able to tell Ron that as long as he didn't mention it they were fine.

"It's kind of good that that rat isn't around so we don't have to be on guard all the time, just in case," I said.

"It is," Hermione said.

"That rat always creeped me out," Jess said.

Today was the Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw game and two of the other chasers were sick and we would have been down a spot since we had on reserve. So I offered to take the position, which was allowed. In doing so the team made sure that I was all trained and learned the plays that they used. I had asked Hermione to go with Luna to the Ravenclaw side because Ron would antagonize her even more if she sat with the rest of our team. "Please stay safe," she said to me before she left.

"Always," I tell her.

The game soon started. I noticed that the Ravenclaw seeker, Cho Chang, smiled at Harry which caused him to blush as he got onto the Firebolt, which I would so tease him about later. "They're off, and the big excitement is that the Gryffindor team has a new chaser this match being Y/N L/N. The other big excitement is Firebolt that Harry Potter is flying for the same team. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt is going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship..." Lee Jordan commentaries.

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" Grandma said to get him back on track.

"Right you are, Professor- just giving a bit of background information- the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto brake and-"

"Jordan!" Grandma said again, warning him. As Jess passed me the quaffle and I scored it.

"Okay, okay! Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell for Gryffindor heading for goal..." Katie was able to score the goal and Fred called out to Harry saying, "show her you acceleration, Harry!" As he chased Cho after the snitch.

"Gryffindor leads by 80 to zero. Y/N L/N is having a terrific performance for his first match and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn- Chang's comment is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision- balance is really noticeable in these long-"

"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!" Grandma raged at him. Harry was still going after the Snitch with Cho on his tail.

"Harry! This is no time to be a gentleman! Knock her off her broom if you have to!" Wood called to him.

They still went after it but Cho let out an "oh!" when she looked down. Harry and I also looked down to find three dementors, stalking us both. We both pulled out our wands and then casted, "Expecto Patronum!" My silver-white dragon emerged from my wand and I couldn't tell what Harry's was, which caused the dementors to scatter. Harry then went back to chasing the Snitch and I went back to scoring the quaffles. Harry quickly caught the Snitch and then flew down to hear many Gryffindors cheer in happiness.

"That's my boys," Wood yelled while Katie kissed his cheek and Jess gave him a hug. Fred and George then came and hug us in a brotherly way. Hermione came down and gave me a hug.

"You did great," she said to me.

"Well done, Harry! Pay up Steve," I heard in the crowd.

"That was quite some Patronus. Especially you, Y/N," Remus said to Harry and I.