Chapter Sixteen: Heir vs. Heir

Y/N POV

I don't know how I feel. I am related to the two darkest wizards in history and one of the greatest wizards in history. Grindelwald is my grandfather and Voldemort is my great uncle and I am a distant descendant of Godric Gryffindor. Is that how I was able to block Draco's spell with my hand? Was that how I was able to create an ice shard and use it to disarm Draco? Was this the reason for the wind in the Great Hall that day? My real grandmother murdered my mother because she protected me. My grandmother failed to kill me because dad saved me that night. The same night of Harry's patent's deaths. My thoughts then changed to the fact that Grindelwald wanted to rule over muggles and Voldemort wanted them dead. Sure I have Gryffindor blood, but the other side concerns me more. How will this affect my relationship with Hermione? With Jess? The one I fancy and the one that is my sister. When they find out who I am they won't want anything to do with me. I'm a freak. I was then pulled out of my thoughts when Harry asked, "who is Grindelwald?"

"Ah, Harry. You see Grindelwald is..." Tom started, but I cut him off.

"A monster. He wanted wizards to rule over muggles not kill them. That makes me a monster," I said, the last part quieter than the rest through my tears.

Harry was about to say something, but Tom spoke again saying, "that is correct. I still had my Death Eaters looking for young Bruce, as I needed his power. Eventually, one of them reported to me that he was friends with your parents, Harry, and it was at the point I knew I had lost him." Tom then turned to face me and added, "do you know what your father did when he found my sister about to kill you, Y/N? He killed her until there was nothing left of her."

"Y/N," Harry said in a recurring tone, "you aren't like him or his sister. Or Grindelwald. You are better than them. You are like Godric Gryffindor. You are like your father. You are like you mother. Not the other three."

"Your right Harry," I said as I got back up. I didn't even realize that I had fallen down onto my knees. "I might have monsters' blood, but I also have good in me. And you got it wrong Tom, about Dumbledore. He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" We then could hear a beautiful cry followed by a second one. We then looked in the direction of two cries and saw Fawkes carrying something bundled up and another blue phoenix.

 We then looked in the direction of two cries and saw Fawkes carrying something bundled up and another blue phoenix

"Fawkes?" Harry asked. Fawkes then circled us along with the second bird in the opposite direction. Fawkes then dropped the bundle to Harry. Harry unwrapped it to find that it was the sorting hat.

"So, this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders, two songbirds and an old hat," Tom said. He then turned to face the statue and said "Shearhas- Samnathas- Sélithaeine." This caused the chamber to start to rumble and Tom then faced us once more adding, "let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and the heir of both Gryffindor and Grindelwald." It was at this point that the giant snake came out of the statue's mouth and advanced towards us.