Chapter Twenty-one: Cases Solved, but Not Closed

Harry POV

"Last call for Hogsmeade!" Professor McGonagall called out as it was now the second trio to Hogsmeade. I think I had found a way to get there with the invisibility cloak to be able to meet up with them. I knew that this was Y/N and Hermione's second date and this time they had Barry with them. When the coast was as clear as it was going to be I put on the cloak and started my way. I passed Fred and George making a snowman, but I then heard footsteps and the two grabbed me not letting go.

"Clever, Harry!" George said.

"But not clever enough!" Fred added.

"Guys, let me go! I'm trying to get to Hogsmeade," I told them.

"We know. We'll get you there," George said.

"We'll show you a quicker way." They then took me over to a staircase and sat me down as they kneeled.

"Now, Harry."

"Come and join the big boys," Fred said as he took the cloak off of me.

"What are you doing? What's this rubbish?" I asked as they gave me a piece of parchment.

"What's this rubbish, he says? This right here, Harry. Is the secret to our success," Fred told me.

"It's a wrench giving it to you, but we've decided your needs are greater than ours."

"George, would you care to do the honors?"

"Don't mind if I do." George then took out his wand and placed it onto the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." The paper then came to life. Names lept from all the corners of the map. There was even an ink drop that dripped from the right bottom corner onto the floor.

 There was even an ink drop that dripped from the right bottom corner onto the floor

"What's with the drop of ink?" I asked.

"Don't know," Fred said.

"That's one thing we weren't able to solve," added George. I then looked at the map again. I could see the names of Y/N, Hermione, Ron, and Jess in a carriage going to the village. Dumbledore was in his office and the other professors and staff were doing other things around the castle.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, Hawkeye, and Bushytail. are proud to present the Marauder's Map," I said.

"We owe them so much," Fred said.

"And that. Is really Dumbledore," George said pointing at the name.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup, Dumbledore."

"In his study."

"Pacing."

"Does that a lot."

"So this map shows..."

"Everyone."

"Where they are."

"What they're doing."