Chapter Eight: Puzzles, Meetings, and End of Year 1

Y/N POV

It was now the evening. Harry, Ron, Hermione and myself just met and were about to sneak out to make our way to the third floor. Well that was until we heard a croaking noise. We turned our heads towards the source of the noise to find Trevor, Neville's frog.

Harry said, "Trevor."

"Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" Ron whispered.

Neville then came out from behind a chair and said, "neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

"This is extremely important. We have too," I said.

"No!" He said in frustration, "I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." He then held up his fists like a boxer would.

Hermione then said, "Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this," and she took out her wand and then added "Petrificus Totalus." Neville is then frozen in place and falls and starts to fall backwards onto the ground until I catch him and carry him to the couch as Hermione puts her wand back.

Ron then started that, "you're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

'Let's go," Harry said as he walked past Neville on the sofa, "sorry."

"Sorry," Hermione said too.

Ron said, "it's for your own good, you know," and then left.

"Are you comfortable?" I asked and read his mind that told me he was as good as he was going to be and told him about being a Legilimenest so he would not be alarmed. "You did a good thing trying to stop us Neville. You did the right thing, but this is really important so I have to go now." I then joined the others under the invisibility cloak. We made our way at a good pace. Occasionally Ron would step on Hermione's foot because of us having to be in such a small area, but other than that we had no issue. We didn't even have to hide from Filch or Mrs. Norris. Once we made our way to the room on the third floor Hermione said, "Alohomora," to unlock the door. We then feel air being blown against us softly causing our ropes to sway in the light breeze it made..

"Wait a minute...he's.... Sleeping," Ron said.

"Appears so," I said, "out like a light."

Harry then told us in realization that, "Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp."

"Fluffy must wake when the spell wears off then," I said.

Ron then stated, "uh. It's got horrible breath!"

"We have to move its paw," Harry said.

"No we don't," I told them as we witnessed the dog move its paw from the trapdoor so he could be in a more comfortable position. "Come on. We don't have a lot of time." We then approach the trapdoor and open it.

Harry says, "I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out...Does it seem a bit...quiet?"

"The harp. It stopped playing," Hermione said in realization. And then the dog drooled from one for its heads which came down on Ron's shoulder, too which he complained about. We then look up and see Fluffy standing there. Fluffy barks and growls trying to defend the stone entrance. This caused me to rush in front of them to protect them and to calm the dog's anger.

"Hi Fluffy. I know it's been a while, but we aren't allowed up here. We are only here now because someone made you fall asleep and got through the door you are guarding. We are just going to make sure that it is still ok and then be back," I said softly while I pet him. But, half way through telling Fluffy this I told the others through Legilimency to jump down the trap door. They were surprised, but I said I would tell them later. After I saw them go down and heard an ahh noise I finished talking to Fluffy and then made my way down.